Advance booking for BD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advance booking for BD?

Called today to make a BD redemption. Was told that as Gold, needed 3 days advance booking. Non-Gold members require 7 days? Is this correct? Thanks.

For Golds, it's actually 3 full days. i.e. Book Monday, fly Friday but there have been exceptions. All the info you need is here.

Comment

Ok to answer my own question, yes I did find this in the T&C:

For award flights or part payment award flights, bookings must be received a minimum of five working days prior to the preferred date of departure. Gold Card members may provide three working days’ notice.
      Having said that, was this enforced before? As I seem to recall previously making a redemption the day before travel.

Comment

It supposed to be 3 days as Gold, but I've previously managed to make a booking on a Wednesday afternoon to fly that Friday.

Comment

24 hours in advance has been done...
          HUGE AL

Comment

Correct - 3 for Gold, 7 for non-Gold, but i've had a same day departure ticketed before, but it required very helpful supervisor intervention. I genuinely had to go that day itself due to an emergency, but I think the reason the rule is there to prevent abuse.

Comment

Thanks for all the comments. Will have to remember this for the next time. My average advance booking for any trip is probably 36 hours...

Comment

Working...
              X