Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheapest *A Option in J between SIN and BKK

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
    Exactly right. Just because I may like SQ's product equally as much as LX or TG doesn't mean I don't/shouldn't fly LX as my most frequently travelled airline of choice.

If these exorbitant amounts I paid for J SIN-BKKs were to one day add up enough so as to get a wheel of Swiss cheese delivered to my doorstep, it sure wouldn't have been because I was aiming to get a free wheel of cheese!
    Just wondering - aren't LX still (I remember some prices from 2-3 years ago only) the most affordable J class between SIN and BKK, other than possibly TG?

Yes, they are.

In some circumstances, LX J is cheaper than Y on SQ - but not currently. Last I checked for LX J it was SGD $608 SIN-BKK-SIN valid for 1 year. TG J was $768 for the same, 1 month validity. I just used up my return portion on Friday on TG J. The benefit with TG J is that if you get an equipment swap to a 747, you can request for TG F seating (still J meal/service, however). SQ J is almost double at $1265.

About to take SQ back to SIN in 1.5 hrs (at the BKK SKL now). To barely stay on topic, no PPS love for me

Comment

The benefit with TG J is that if you get an equipment swap to a 747, you can request for TG F seating (still J meal/service, however).
      Last time I flew TG J, BKK-SIN was swapped to A346, but they refused to allow J pax to be seated in the F cabin.

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
        Last time I flew TG J, BKK-SIN was swapped to A346, but they refused to allow J pax to be seated in the F cabin.
        Well, I was booked HKG - BKK in F for this up coming summer trip, schedule change to a 2 class config,no more F, re ticketed to C, and then a plane change to a A346, selling only 2 classes of services!!!!!

AHHHHH

But, back to topic,

I'm contemplating taking LX BKK-SIN myself

Comment

About to take SQ back to SIN in 1.5 hrs (at the BKK SKL now). To barely stay on topic, no PPS love for me
          Are congrats in order, new QPP?

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post

They do this depending on how full J cabin is - on my last TG trip SIN-BKK-SIN they put me in F on SIN-BKK (J fully booked) and in J on BKK-SIN (with only 10 pax in J).

It helps to note at check-in that your are ueber-important (e.g. triple StarGold and the Royal Family loves you...) ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by SuperJonJon View Post
              Are congrats in order, new QPP?
              Lol, far short of the PPS requirement. May need a few trips down to MEL on Air India to compensate!

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
              It helps to note at check-in that your are ueber-important (e.g. triple StarGold and the Royal Family loves you...) ;-)
              That is just TOO FUNNY! Good thing I wasn't drinking anything - it would have ended up all over my screen!

Comment

LX might stop the BKK-SIN route soon. There's a thread in the Swiss forum on FT.

Comment

How very sad...

Update: At any rate, a search on swiss.com shows wide-open availability even til mid-end April. Which is even greater availability than before.

So, fingers crossed. Maybe I book one and see if they switch me to TG C (have a feeling SQ C is unlikely under the circumstances)
                  Last edited by Kyo; 16 March 2009, 04:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
                    LX might stop the BKK-SIN route soon. There's a thread in the Swiss forum on FT.
                    Why, did you fly it recently?
                    HUGE AL

Comment

Working...
                    X