Advice Needed on Upgrading CRWSTAR1 Long Haul Segments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice Needed on Upgrading CRWSTAR1 Long Haul Segments

Looking for the best, least expensive mileage, and most flexible way to upgrade the following flights (aircraft as of today included):

SQ16 77W

LH459 346

SQ345 77W

TG600 744

UA838 777

OZ101 744

Thank you very much, Kids. Your assistance is greatly appreciated!
    HUGE AL

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post

SQ 77W can only be upgraded on KF miles and the cost of upgrading is IMO not worth it relative to the product upgrade.
    But if you have those KF miles to burn, you're better off sending them my way.....

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post

SQ 77W can only be upgraded on KF miles and the cost of upgrading is IMO not worth it relative to the product upgrade.
      But if you have those KF miles to burn, you're better off sending them my way.....
      Nice eye-rolling!

So the two SQ portions can be upgraded for 142,500 KF Miles (190k - 25% Anniversary Special [if I redeem before 15 Sept and fly before 30 Sept]) right? That is quite a few KF Miles. Looking like I'd have to move some from Hyatt.
      HUGE AL

Comment

If you've got evouchers - use em on LH459.

TG600 - buy an airport upgrade. Should be the THB equivalent of USD 190 or so.

Comment

Get PPS or corporate before Sept and get 35% off.

Knowing your habits, I'm sure this is not impossible...

(might have to postpone those NH F flights a little)

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
            If you've got evouchers - use em on LH459.
            No eVouchers as no status on LH...yet...

Anyone got some to spare...if they're transferrable?
            HUGE AL

Comment

No eVouchers as no status on LH...yet...

Anyone got some to spare...if they're transferrable?

They are, but only if the SEN or HON is flying with the guest.

back atcha .......

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                They are, but only if the SEN or HON is flying with the guest.

back atcha .......
                Damn! LH miles then? And if I do that, is the flight changeable without a fee? Is that the case on SQ as well?
                HUGE AL

Comment

Damn! LH miles then? And if I do that, is the flight changeable without a fee? Is that the case on SQ as well?
                  i made a comment the other day that was confirmed by SQFG: it costs more miles to upgrade then it does to book a RT: (example: 50,000 miles to upgrade a one-way from US to europe in J, but 90,000 miles for a RT J ticket)

Comment

Looking for the best, least expensive mileage, and most flexible way to upgrade the following flights (aircraft as of today included):

SQ16 77W

LH459 346

SQ345 77W

TG600 744

UA838 777

OZ101 744

what i would do is switch out the sq345 to fly what is currently the 747 from fra to sin. ask a friend of yours who thinks you're a pretty good guy, to use his PPS discount and KF miles that have been sitting collecting dust, to upgrade the segment to F, and then hope for a change to 77W.

Comment

Originally posted by taipeiflyer View Post
                      what i would do is switch out the sq345 to fly what is currently the 747 from fra to sin.
                      The reason I gunned for SQ345 was the possibility of SQ axing SQ25. Just trying to mitigate risk.

Hmmm...adding all this up, perhaps it IS best for me to move this to an FRWSTAR1 before the deadline. I'm thinking, for USD$2K I get my three superlong hauls in F, life might be easier.
                      HUGE AL

Comment

For LH459 2 e-vouchers.
                        For UA838 UA miles or swu, or buy up at airport (if available should be a few hundred $).
                        For TG600 buy up at airport.
                        No idea about OZ.

Comment

If you have any SPG points or any other credit card points you can transfer them to NH and NH program allows you to upgrade other star alliance flights....But the downside is that you can only confirm 28 days before the flight up until 24 hours before.

https://www.ana.co.jp/amc_e/guide/to...pgrade_hd.html

They charge on the length of flight.

Is TG600 really worth flying F? Less than 2.5 hour flight. Took the flight in F once. You can not even enjoy the spa or message in BKK as the spa didn't even open until 8am when my flight took off. Save that money and go eat some good food in HK

Comment

Oh bugger, didn't know that TG600 wouldn't allow enough time in the spa!

Had one booked.

Comment

Originally posted by fumitani View Post
                              If you have any SPG points or any other credit card points you can transfer them to NH and NH program allows you to upgrade other star alliance flights....But the downside is that you can only confirm 28 days before the flight up until 24 hours before.
                              I'm sure this does not include SQ's 77W's, right?

Originally posted by fumitani View Post
                              Is TG600 really worth flying F? Less than 2.5 hour flight. Took the flight in F once. You can not even enjoy the spa or message in BKK as the spa didn't even open until 8am when my flight took off. Save that money and go eat some good food in HK
                              Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                              Oh bugger, didn't know that TG600 wouldn't allow enough time in the spa!

Had one booked.
                              Actually, a good buddy of mine just flew it last weekend. He arrived to BKK at 6:30am in time for his massage in the lounge.
                              HUGE AL

Comment

Working...
                              X