Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Baby's First Flights on NZ-100% Perfect!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baby's First Flights on NZ-100% Perfect!

Our little boy was simply wonderful on all three flights.
    AirNZ were wonderful towards parents flying with infants, they moved some other passengers around to make them more comfortable, and always ensured that we were ok, even if they just asked us that simple question.

I don't expect ANY special treatment at all whilst travelling with an infant, but AirNZ Staff were just so pleasant!

Our third flight from LAX to YYZ with Air Canada was a huge drop in service compared to Air NZ. the FA looked at us like we were aliens when we asked for an Infant Seat belt for Nate! She said: "As long as you have yours on"!

I'm hoping our return flight (LAX-AKL-SYD) is just as nice.

Lovely to hear that your baby (and you!) had fantastic flights, ashsta77. Hope the rest of your trip has been good. Please do share your experiences if you have time to write them down.

Best wishes on the return trip.
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

indeed, echoing jjpb3's post - would love to hear your experiences!

Comment

Good to hear that NZ was accommodative during your flights, ashsta77.

Comment

Very good.

It reminds me of a recent flight on LAN. I thought the crew were doing well with a baby - helping parents with feeding, cleaning up, made a makeshift rattle out of some plastic cups tape and tic tacs, etc even on a short flight. Then on landing I noticed the baby had no seat belt! In an instant it undid my impression of the crew. If I'd noticed sooner I would have said something - babies should be restained for takeoff and landing.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
            Very good.

It reminds me of a recent flight on LAN. I thought the crew were doing well with a baby - helping parents with feeding, cleaning up, made a makeshift rattle out of some plastic cups tape and tic tacs, etc even on a short flight. Then on landing I noticed the baby had no seat belt! In an instant it undid my impression of the crew. If I'd noticed sooner I would have said something - babies should be restained for takeoff and landing.
            Hi Kiwi,

Local law decides if a baby will get is own seatbelt or not. Don't know what the rules are at LAN.
            We at Lufthansa had the same procedure untill spring 2008, when an EU-law was effected. Untill that time we did not have lap belts onboard and parents were instructed to fasten their own seatbelt and hold the baby on their lap.

Comment

LAN definitely had lap belts onboard.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
                Then on landing I noticed the baby had no seat belt! In an instant it undid my impression of the crew. If I'd noticed sooner I would have said something - babies should be restained for takeoff and landing.
                i noticed on my DL flight (USA domestic) a few days ago that no seat belt was given for a baby traveling on the parent's lap as well.

Comment

Working...
                X