Anyone flew TK J Class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FLy TK in the next 2 weeks.
    There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
    If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

A small sampler of Euro J:

Comment

Hm.. I'm just wondering about what to expect or not to expect in TK long haul J, ex Asia to Europe. Don't have pix of the J product unfortunately.

Understand that 77W is leased from 9W and is a good product. But what about their T7s, 343s and 737s (IST-Europe)? Any comments/reviews?

Comment

TK

Here is a TK trip report in business class from a.net!
          http://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo...d.main/151580/

There is a link to the poster's another TK J flight from JFK to IST in Nov 2008.

I think TK has reconfigured all their A340-300s to the same angled lie flat J seats on its Airbus A330-200s.

TK is still leasing Boeing 777-300ERs from Jet Airways, and the herringbone seats are the same as 9W, so just google a Jet Airways Business Class seat.

I hope it helps!

Carfield

Comment

Angled lie flat Js in the A343s were adequate for me on BKK-IST. The full-lie-flats in 77W Js are pretty good; I flew IST-BKK on one of them. For me, the latter were comparable to SQ NBC although I liked the SQ NBC's width which allowed much more lateral movement of the pax's legs. Unlike some pax, I didn't have probs with the hump on the NBC and of course SQ service IMO is soooo much better.

Given how seemingly often and random that TK switches the 77Ws around, it's a crap shoot if you would actually get the 77W if you booked months in advance, not to mention last minute equipment changes.

The IST-Europe flights in J in my experience were economy class seats but with a spare seat between each pax: e.g. in ABC, B would be blocked off.

Comment

Having taken a few trips on TK on IST -Europe, they tend to be narrow bodies single aisle jets with very few exceptions like London. However, they do have an extensive european network if one is based in ME/Gulf and IST airport is small enough to manage . Connections wise, it makes sense as no need to overfly. Although additional turkey destinations direct to dubai would be nice.
              there's nothing more rewarding than flying for free, is there??

Comment

Just checked-in online with TK and discovered they changed the equipment for my BKK flight. Luckily they seem to have upgraded to 77W, which is a great news (even though there's always time for another last-minute aircraft swap). ....

Comment

Originally posted by LukeGT View Post
                  Just checked-in online with TK and discovered they changed the equipment for my BKK flight. Luckily they seem to have upgraded to 77W, which is a great news (even though there's always time for another last-minute aircraft swap). ....
                  F or J, flew with this aircraft (leased 9W 77W) on GF. The F seat was superb, the J is exactly like AC's executive first seat.

Comment

J class, unfortunately.

Comment

AC Executive First

Originally posted by QSG View Post
                      F or J, flew with this aircraft (leased 9W 77W) on GF. The F seat was superb, the J is exactly like AC's executive first seat.
                      If it is similar to the AC Exec First, then it is quite comfortable as I had found during my recent AC FRA-YYZ-FRA. Like the full flat bed and loads of space to store things during the long flight. The only thing I did not like was the poor access to window if one wants to take pictures. I swear I had almost twisted my neck just to get a view outside since the seats are inclined inward to the aisle.

Otherwise great seats.
                      there's nothing more rewarding than flying for free, is there??

Comment

Originally posted by Global Nomad View Post
                        If it is similar to the AC Exec First, then it is quite comfortable as I had found during my recent AC FRA-YYZ-FRA. Like the full flat bed and loads of space to store things during the long flight. The only thing I did not like was the poor access to window if one wants to take pictures. I swear I had almost twisted my neck just to get a view outside since the seats are inclined inward to the aisle.

Otherwise great seats.
                        Definitely a great seat on 77W, but the issue with the window sight is strictly connected to the herringbone seats layout.

I was very satisfied with personal space and storage compartments. IFE screen is very big but very poor selection.

Very good catering on both flights, I really enjoyed it.
                        On the other side, crew members are young and sometimes they should improve the accuracy in the service. I'm not saying their attitude is bad, only saying should me more attentive. Anyway I can't seriously complain about them.

Luke

Comment

Originally posted by LukeGT View Post
                          Definitely a great seat on 77W, but the issue with the window sight is strictly connected to the herringbone seats layout.

I was very satisfied with personal space and storage compartments. IFE screen is very big but very poor selection.

Very good catering on both flights, I really enjoyed it.
                          On the other side, crew members are young and sometimes they should improve the accuracy in the service. I'm not saying their attitude is bad, only saying should me more attentive. Anyway I can't seriously complain about them.

Luke
                          Thanks for the short review LukeGT. seems like TK on their 77W isn't too bad an option..

Comment

They are definitely ok, even if they could be even better.

Comment

Working...
                            X