Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good to know. Thanks MAN Flyer.

Comment

• Thanks MAN Flyer. Looks like 2011 is the year to BURN. Too many miles, too little time.
      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

• Nooooooooooooooo! I need to work towards requalification again for BD *G rather than be comped to two lovely years of LH SEN!

Comment

• I was so nervous when clicking on this thread this morning... what a relief!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyo View Post
            I was so nervous when clicking on this thread this morning... what a relief!
            Ha! Yeah, I'm always so anxious when this thread gets bumped up!
            All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyo View Post
              I was so nervous when clicking on this thread this morning... what a relief!
              Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
              +1 on both counts!

Daulat Diamond Club! Hidup Diamond Club!

Comment

• Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                +2. Hooray for another year !

Comment

• A lot of people attributed the extension of the BD program due to the game changer by BA last year when they changed their program radically(due to alignment with AA) that you earn full 100% mileage on all their discount fares and 50% tier points. It was much crappier before that.

So in some sense to match up with the competition, BD was granted a reprieve so that they could further research the situation in order to decide if they should integrate with M&M or instead continue their program but with new changes.
                  We should give thanks to OneWorld for that

A little OT:BA is really looking very attractive now for European based flyers and even better if you reside in continental europe.

Comment

• Originally posted by jhm View Post
                    Nooooooooooooooo! I need to work towards requalification again for BD *G rather than be comped to two lovely years of LH SEN!
                    Give me 1 year of DC above 2 years of SEN any day of the week.

Originally posted by zander View Post
                    A lot of people attributed the extension of the BD program due to the game changer by BA last year when they changed their program radically(due to alignment with AA) that you earn full 100% mileage on all their discount fares and 50% tier points. It was much crappier before that.

So in some sense to match up with the competition, BD was granted a reprieve so that they could further research the situation in order to decide if they should integrate with M&M or instead continue their program but with new changes.
                    We should give thanks to OneWorld for that

A little OT:BA is really looking very attractive now for European based flyers and even better if you reside in continental europe.
                    Yep, I can't disagree with any of that. I will make sure I get BA Silver this year because of the changes.

Comment

Thanks MAN Flyer. Looks like 2011 is the year to BURN. Too many miles, too little time.
                      TOTALLY!
                      HUGE AL

Comment

Too many miles, too little time.
                        I am more than willing to help

Comment

• The owner of BMI had a call option signed in 1999 for Lufthansia to buy BMI within in 10 years. Lufthansia certainly do not want to comply with the put option given the airline valuations after the GFC.

The interesting question now is what does Virgin Atlantic do. With around 40 aircraft and partner of SIA, is it realistic that they will join Star Alliance? It is been reported that Virgin has approached Deutsche Bank to find possible solutions regarding VA future.

Personally I am not sure if Luthhansia (who is also a client of Deutsche) will buy want to acqure VA given that they will need to bed down the acquisition of BMI. The addtiona of VA to Star Alliance or a take over by Lufthansia would certainly strenghthen Star Alliances presence in UK. Branson has mentioned publically that VA was looking to join an alliance. I guess time will tell. VA does have rights over valuable slots at LHR.

In Australia DJ has signed code shares with Air NZ and Ehtiad (after breaking with Emirates) and looking for an Asian partner. It was reported that DJ attended the last Star Alliance conference in NZ. It will also be interesting to see how this plays out with DJ as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gunners View Post
                            The owner of BMI had a call option signed in 1999 for Lufthansia to buy BMI within in 10 years. Lufthansia certainly do not want to comply with the put option given the airline valuations after the GFC.

It doesn't matter whether they liked it or not, it's happened. A while ago.

BTW, it's Lufthansa.

Comment

• I know it was a standard put option. Still not sure what Virgin will do.

Comment

• LufthansA own BMI 100%
                                My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Working...
                                X