Oh Noooooooooo!! Lufthansa confirms takeover of BMI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
    The new CEO "will drive forward the turnaround of BMI", says Stefan Lauer, BMI's chairman. ...
    They can start 'turnaround' by adding flights instead of taking them away.

Arriving into LHR and trying to connect to AMS on BD is near impossible as BD only has 4 flights a day. And their connecting timing does not coincide with any of their international partners. ie departing from LHR there are no flights between 9am and 4pm. So how does a carrier like them operate???

Comment

• And so it begins...

LH have made a start with BD.

600 jobs and 9 aircraft to go. Amsterdam, Tel Aviv, Kiev and Aleppo dropped and BRU going over to SN Brussels. I imagine this may be a starting point with more to come.

A real shame to all those who will lose their jobs in a difficult jobs market and at this time of year, which BD do seem to have a habit of timing bad news with.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post
        Arriving into LHR and trying to connect to AMS on BD is near impossible as BD only has 4 flights a day.
        Soon it will be impossible.

Sad day for the staff hit by this.
        ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

• Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
          Soon it will be impossible.
          SN joins *A next month so will still have a choice of airlines no matter what alliance you prefer to fly.

Comment

• THE END

DC will merge into M&M sometime in 2011/2012

http://investor-relations.lufthansa....10-06-28-e.pdf

Page 12
            "Roadmap for integration „Diamond Club“ in M&M agreed"
            Page 16
            "Restructuring will show full effect in 2011 and 2012, examples…
            LH integration will be completed, e.g. sales, M&M…"

Comment

• Mass hysteria ensues...

Comment

• "Won't somebody please think of the children ?!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                  Mass hysteria ensues...
                  post deleted
                  Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 04:30 AM.

Comment

• it is very distressing!

I will keep putting my miles in BD for now, will just keep using them as i earn them. I just hit 55k and have 4 months of double points. will try and squeeze what i can out of it before it's gone.

When SN was integrated in Miles and More they had 5 months notice. Hope we would get something similar when the official announcement comes out.
                    My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

• Just out of curiosity, if someone is a life time *G with BD, will this life time membership be honored when M&M takes over DC?

Comment

• Originally posted by lee_apromise View Post
                        Just out of curiosity, if someone is a life time *G with BD, will this life time membership be honored when M&M takes over DC?
                        This and loads of questions remain unanswered. There is no official announcement on anything yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by lee_apromise View Post
                          Just out of curiosity, if someone is a life time *G with BD, will this life time membership be honored when M&M takes over DC?
                          I'd be very surprised if that happened. One airline's definition of 'lifetime value' is likely to be very different from another's (heck, we saw that it differed from one management to the next on SQ).
                          ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

• deleted
                            Last edited by trekkie; 23 September 2010, 11:34 PM.

Comment

• DC safe for 2011 at least !!

Great news from diamond club on FT :

Now that bmi is a part of the Lufthansa group of airlines, we are evaluating being part of Miles & More in the long term. A final decision has not been taken and such a move would not happen in 2011. For the foreseeable future we are firmly focussed on ensuring that our Diamond Club scheme meets the needs of our loyal customers. Therefore we will continue to improve and develop Diamond Club. We will be launching Star Alliance Upgrade Awards in Q2 this year, which will enable Diamond Club members to upgrade on the majority of Star Alliance airlines using their miles, as well as bringing a number of new partners on board.
                              And:

Miles and cash is here to stay, We have no plans to remove it once we introduce Star Alliance Upgrade rewards later this year.
                              http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-d...fe-2011-a.html

Comment

• yeah saw that, glad I stuck with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X