Air Busan takes off; ASIANA transfer Busan domestic route

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Busan takes off; ASIANA transfer Busan domestic route

ASIANA's new low-cost carrier, Air Busan, is set to launch on 27OCT08.

ASIANA is transferring its 9 Daily Seoul Gimpo - Busan to the new carrier from 27OCT08 and 5 Daily Busan - Jeju from 01DEC08. ASIANA will still be serving these routes under code-share format.

Air Busan is owned by ASIANA (46%) and Busan local government and businesses. It is to operate 2 737-500, transferred from ASIANA.

According to Wikipedia, it is to become a member of Star Alliance, assuming it'll be equivalent to the relationship of Air Canada - Air Canada Tango or UNITED - Ted. Both of those relationship has ended since both merged back into mainline

The 2-letter code is "BX".
    Airline Route | twitter

Welcome to SQTalk, jimyvr !

Originally posted by jimyvr View Post
    ASIANA is transferring its 9 Daily Seoul Gimpo - Busan to the new carrier from 27OCT08 and 5 Daily Busan - Jeju from 01DEC08. ASIANA will still be serving these routes under code-share format.
    This I did not know !!. I presume the daily (twice if you're lucky..) ICN-PUS flights are staying as OZ mainline for now ?.

Comment

This is one of the three B737-500s (reg. HL 7233) OZ had been utilizing in the PUS-GMP route so far:

[if my memory serves me well, the other two are HL 7232 and HL 7225, but cannot find the note in my travel notebook, so I stand to be corrected; safety card inside the aircraft had all three call signs of these birds printed on it]

Update: The other two should be HL 7232 and HL 7250, and the latter is this one:

Last edited by N_Architect; 20 October 2008, 10:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
        Welcome to SQTalk, jimyvr !

This I did not know !!. I presume the daily (twice if you're lucky..) ICN-PUS flights are staying as OZ mainline for now ?.
        OZ is keeping ICN-PUS to itself
        Airline Route | twitter

Comment

Working...
        X