SN to join *A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SN to join *A

LH is slowly but surely ring-fencing Germany with national airlines from neighboring countries...

LH press release

...add the rumours surrounding OS, LO, and SK to the mix. Oh, and not to forget BD.

As SEN living on the island I welcome the move, I guess, if the coming integrations follow the LX path...excellent value for money fares and competion with LH from Europe to Germany. However, I guess options in the affected countries will reduce.
    /Desert Traveller

45% equity + complete takeover in 2011! That's a much larger stake than when I last read (was a small investment last time I was told IIRC).

Snuffs out any chance of SN in OW... a for me. But a yay for *A flyers in Center Europe.
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Sounds good to me as it seems like my work may take me to West Africa in the not too distant future. My colleague who goes there now, flies SN and/or AF

Comment

Will we soon see the Luft-alliance?

Comment

ATW's take

9V-JKL, looks like LH wants to color in the white spot in WAfrica with *-colors. Good for you.
          I visit Angola once a year, and until a couple of years ago, you had no *A options...now you have LH, SA, TP, soon there will be SN. And ET is still a possibility to join *A as well.
          /Desert Traveller

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
            Will we soon see the Luft-alliance?
            I don't think so, but perhaps Lufthansa All Europe Airlines? What are the airlines that they've been in talks with/rumours about recently?

bmi
            Alitalia
            Iberia
            SAS (+ Spanair)
            Austrian
            Brussels
            Virgin Atlantic

Have I missed any?

Comment

If the Lufthansa consolidation happens, would this create MR opportunities given M&M's minimum mileage for cross-border flights?
              ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                If the Lufthansa consolidation happens, would this create MR opportunities given M&M's minimum mileage for cross-border flights?
                Yes. When LX joined a whole raft of multi-sector cheap business class fares became available. Do a search on FT for HON-run

10,000 miles for a cheap fare is easily done, and much more on some fares/schedules.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
                  Yes. When LX joined a whole raft of multi-sector cheap business class fares became available. Do a search on FT for HON-run

10,000 miles for a cheap fare is easily done, and much more on some fares/schedules.
                  Awesome, thanks! I just might have to do some, ahem, research in 2009.
                  Last edited by jjpb3; 17 September 2008, 07:58 AM.
                  ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

TAM's going to join *A too.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi View Post

And the fares for LX J recently dropped even lower with the introduction of Business Saver...I just did BHX-ZRH-STR return in J, 8k miles (+ 2k exec bonus) if banking with MM, for GBP250.
                      /Desert Traveller

Comment

Actually that is more than I've paid for some LX weekend business specials (short notice). There is a dedicated thread for these in the LX forum on FT.

Comment

Working...
                        X