SIN-HKG on UA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fone View Post
    With the old config, there was no PTV, but with the new config, I thought there would be PTV in Y? The last time I took a HKG-SIN flight, I got op up to J, so Y could be overbooked while J still had empty seats remaining.
    Wow, lucky you! You have any status with *A? I am a guy with no status.
    We put labels on people and fight wars over them. If we truly want harmony, we have to get past the labels.

Comment

With the old config, there was no PTV, but with the new config, I thought there would be PTV in Y? The last time I took a HKG-SIN flight, I got op up to J, so Y could be overbooked while J still had empty seats remaining.
      Isn't SIN-HKG served by 744s? And I thought UA 744's all don't have PTVs in Y?
      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

The inlaws' flight arriving HKG-SIN Monday night had no PTV.

Comment

I last flew SIN-HKG on UA about 2 years ago. There was no PTV in Y. My understanding back then was that UA deployed a 744 to be based in HKG essentially for the SIN turnaround. Hence it was an older a/c with no PTVs.

Comment

What do you mean by old and new config? Do you mean 744 with new C and F seats? All 744 on UA as fas as I know do not have PTV in Y. So, as long as the SIN-HKG is on 744, I would assume no PTV.

Comment

I was on the same PNR as my friend, he was a Premier (silver) member.

Mayb I've got it wrong. I have got the impression that since the 777 have PTV in Y, the 744 should also be getting PTV in Y, after they have been retrofitted (ie new config). Its just my imagination, no concrete evidence on my part. Sorry for the confusion caused.

Comment

If you're in Y, make sure you get an economy plus seat. If you are *G, I think its free. If not, you can pay a few extra $ to get it (not much, tens not hundreds). It's well worth it. Extra 5 inches of leg room is the difference of being able to cross your legs.

Comment

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
                  I would love to hear from anyone who could honestly tell me that he'd rather fly in Y than J/F.
                  I know of a Greek shipowner (his NY listed company has approx 45 ships at the moment and another 18 on order) who was seen last year flying Y ATH-CDG. He is very tight with money (not uncommon for this type of guys...) and I guess he's doing it because he does not find value for money in paying the premium on 2-3 hr duration routes.

On long-haul trips he flies (or should say used to fly) J/F, of course. Anyway, earlier this year he bought two business jets (new or second-hand I can't say), I heard, and recently a Mercedes-Benz AMG CL65. So now I guess the whY experience has been replaced with something more luxurious (both on the road and on the air...)

Comment

Family name starting with an 'N' by any chance?

Comment

Originally posted by macagain View Post
                      If you're in Y, make sure you get an economy plus seat. If you are *G, I think its free.
                      You need to be UA elite to get that now, because of a policy change from a while back.
                      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                        Family name starting with an 'N' by any chance?
                        Nope.

Comment

Originally posted by macagain View Post
                          If you're in Y, make sure you get an economy plus seat. If you are *G, I think its free. If not, you can pay a few extra $ to get it (not much, tens not hundreds). It's well worth it. Extra 5 inches of leg room is the difference of being able to cross your legs.
                          Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                          You need to be UA elite to get that now, because of a policy change from a while back.
                          Yes, now *G status doesn't guarantee a Y+ seat. Only UA elites. Or else pay when check-in. It's true that few extra inches, it does make a difference in travelling.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
                            Yes, now *G status doesn't guarantee a Y+ seat. Only UA elites. Or else pay when check-in. It's true that few extra inches, it does make a difference in travelling.
                            Yeah, I heard of this paid upgrading scheme on UA. However, all the info I have got from the UA website are for flights out of US. Any idea how much does it cost to upgrade from Y to Y+ on the SIN-HKG sector? Thanks for all the help, you guys are awesome!

P.S. I have no status with *A.
                            We put labels on people and fight wars over them. If we truly want harmony, we have to get past the labels.

Comment

You can log in to UA's US website using your PNR for your HKG flight and there should be a selection offering you to buy-in to Y+. There, you'll be able to find the price for Y+. The SIN site apparently does not show the Y+ option.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                                You can log in to UA's US website using your PNR for your HKG flight and there should be a selection offering you to buy-in to Y+. There, you'll be able to find the price for Y+. The SIN site apparently does not show the Y+ option.
                                Oh, thanks for your advice. Yeah, there indeed was an option to add on Y+ on the US website. However, when I click on it, it says Y+ is not available on this route.

Comment

Working...
                                X