LH will exercise BD options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tanandika View Post
    After reading all the pure awesomeness of Diamond Club... does anyone in this forum think its too late to join DC?
    Not if you have the time to burn what you earn and hopefully get Gold status that will get transferred over to LH SEN.

Comment

Originally posted by Tanandika View Post
      After reading all the pure awesomeness of Diamond Club... does anyone in this forum think its too late to join DC?
      AFAIK, the very earliest date by which LH can do anything is the end of this year (and bear in mind that the arrangement between BD and LH isn't public so nobody is sure about timing etc).

Assuming the above is correct, if you can earn or buy your BD miles and redeem them by the end of this year, you should be fine. The beginning of next year may be fine but after that, it's anybody's guess what'll happen (or not).

Comment

Having said that, I should also mention:

Please see above regarding the so called Savage25 effect which probably means that Diamond Club is going to have a huge mileage devaluation any day now.

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post

Please see above regarding the so called Savage25 effect which probably means that Diamond Club is going to have a huge mileage devaluation any day now.
          Which is why my BD mileage balance is down to 32K miles after redemptions booked through the end of the year

Comment

Note in the case of LX, Swiss Travel Club remained for about a year after the purchase by LH before it was integrated into M&M, and there was a reasonable notice period given that on x date any unredeemed miles convert at 1:1 to M&M, and how status will convert (not 1:1). So DC is safe for at least a year and probably longer than that, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
              Note in the case of LX, Swiss Travel Club remained for about a year after the purchase by LH before it was integrated into M&M, and there was a reasonable notice period given that on x date any unredeemed miles convert at 1:1 to M&M, and how status will convert (not 1:1). So DC is safe for at least a year and probably longer than that, IMO.
              That might be true, especially since LH depends on its frequent flyers
              Capslock is cruise control for cool... not!

See you at W:O:A 2010- rain or shine!

Comment

Originally posted by up and away View Post
                That might be true, especially since LH depends on its frequent flyers
                LH does not want BD for the BD frequent flyers. They want it for the LHR slots.

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
                  They want it for the LHR slots.
                  Bingo!

Comment

I will really miss DC, should its demise become final.

Just booked some Easter redemptions to SE Asia. Even with the insane fuel surcharges and without my resorting to the Zone 2 trick people love to use, the redemptions were a bargain.
                    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post

I did a search on the Savage25 effect and I must say wow... the effects are certainly very scary. Now I am thinking twice.

No offence though to Savage25. Hope you don't mind the jest.

Comment

Originally posted by zander View Post
                        No offence though to Savage25. Hope you don't mind the jest.
                        Feel free to offend him. We don't mind...
                        HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                          Feel free to offend him. We don't mind...
                          The rest of his multiple personalities agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
                            The rest of his multiple personalities agree.
                            HUGE AL

Comment

Working...
                            X