No announcement yet.

What do you think of UA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UA is just average, but UA mileage plus is the best !! Easiest to get miles, only 30000 miles to claim SQ business class to HKG compare to Krisflyer 50000 miles !

Comment

Originally posted by singaporeairlinesboi View Post
      comparing Singapore airlines to United airlines is like comparing apples to oranges. Even i try to stay away from United airlines. Terrible crew, food (get this, a bag of lays cost $4.50) -_-.

This is what its like to fly the "friendly skies"

CLICK "I AGREE" TO WATCH THE VIDEO

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
      No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
      I AGREE
      That made me laugh!

United are extremely good on many things including;
      Mileage Plus Programme
      Economy Plus
      Network
      New Product offerings
      Channel 9!!!

The rest is simply average amongst the US airline industry. But I vote with my feet, they're my favourite US legacy carrier by far!

Comment

comparing Singapore airlines to United airlines is like comparing apples to oranges. Even i try to stay away from United airlines. Terrible crew, food (get this, a bag of lays cost $4.50) -_-.

This is what its like to fly the "friendly skies"...
        Sounds like someone's preparing for high school drama club auditions...

Regarding food in coach on UA (mainline & Ted, not UX) within "Region 1" (applies to the 50 United States, Mexico, Central America & the Caribbean)...
        Flights of 3-5 hours, departing before 8p.m., should have snackboxes available for purchase, for USD5. Snackbox descriptions here.

Flights over 5 hours, departing before 8p.m., should have food available for purchase ("Buy on Board" or "BOB"), again for USD5. Examples of food available for purchase can be found here. Flights over 5 hours departing after 8p.m. should have snackboxes available for purchase.

Comment

This is what its like to fly the "friendly skies"
          Well.. well.. well.. if you fly many North American airlines, you would have better idea. I took Air Canada in Y as well as Delta in Y recently. Both offers "buy on board." And please don't scream terrible crew equal terrible airlines when it happened in your very few flights. Look, I don't declare to stay away from SQ when I had very bad crew couple years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by kal View Post
            UA is just average, but UA mileage plus is the best !! Easiest to get miles, only 30000 miles to claim SQ business class to HKG compare to Krisflyer 50000 miles !
            What do you mean?

Comment

Originally posted by cawhite View Post
              Sounds like someone's preparing for high school drama club auditions...

I don't fly anywhere near the frequency that true UA FFs on SQT do, but my experiences have all been very pleasant -- even at IAD, which is apparently considered a cesspool when it comes to flying with UA!

(It's just that the UA FFs don't seem to want to offer me free wine as the AA FAs do. I think I need to fly with cawhite or SQ LPP.

The biggest ding against UA has been, for me, its decision to stop flying nonstop between LHR and NYC. But at least UA still gets me to ORD and YVR, via SFO, with minimum hassle and indeed in a very good mood.)
              ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post

even at IAD, which is apparently considered a cesspool when it comes to flying with UA!
                Gotta agree there. One time I was merrily on my way down to GRU from ORD (via IAD) when I got a call to abort. UA did send my bag on a free trip to Brazil, but they did help me sort out my tickets back to ORD on the last flight that evening - and it was pretty complex.

I think I need to fly with cawhite
                You don't even need to fly WITH her on UA to feel the effects. The aforementioned trip (specifically the ride back to ORD) late that evening, was very pleasant, because somehow I ended up a fair few rows ahead of where I was expecting to be sitting thanks to a phone call to the 1K center she made

Comment

Admittedly UA is not my main carrier. But from the 20+ times I have flown them so far, I have yet to encounter a bad experience. Of course, they are not SQ. But they are actually not bad at all.

Comment

...(It's just that the UA FFs don't seem to want to offer me free wine as the AA FAs do. I think I need to fly with cawhite or SQ LPP. ...
                    I have plenty more drink chits I can give you the next time I see you in case you fly UA in Y again (plenty for the RCC, too...).

Originally posted by SQflyergirl
                    You don't even need to fly WITH her on UA to feel the effects. The aforementioned trip (specifically the ride back to ORD) late that evening, was very pleasant, because somehow I ended up a fair few rows ahead of where I was expecting to be sitting thanks to a phone call to the 1K center she made
                    I do what I can for my friends.

Comment

I have plenty more drink chits I can give you the next time I see you in case you fly UA in Y again (plenty for the RCC, too...).

Indeed.

UA flyers are top-notch.
                      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

That, and more

Comment

i have no problem with UA. I think they are a fine airline, offering a very complete schedule and broad network that gets me where i want to go at the time i want to go. they may not do it with as much flair or pub as some of our other favorite airlines, but they are certainly not terrible. their crews are efficient, service has always been at least good in my opinion, and their prices are really excellent, especially when flying last-minute, which this nomad frequently does. compared to the other domestic airline in *A (US Airways), United is an excellent option for me. my only critique of them, is that their red carpet club agents are generally clueless with respect to *A rules and access. other than that, they're A-OK in my book.

Comment

I find UA.....interesting. Despite my apparent hate for them on the surface, my not-so-good crew experiences, tight seating arrangements, worn-out Y on B744s, and the charges for food on a 5 hour domestic flight which I don't like (I'm nitpicky haha), I have some sort of strange, deep-rooted slight, and yes slight guilty pleasure for them which I can't get over. Maybe it's because they were the first airline I flew with that I can remember, but just something about them stands out from the other US legacy carriers. Out of all the bad experiences I've had with the inflight service, I have had some good moments, especially with some nice FAs cleaning up my lunch when I was younger and several random op-ups (I remember being later for a UA flight ex-PVG with the gate agent running after my family screaming in broken English to say that I had an upgrade to J). Also, their mileage plus program truly is excellent and being a member of *alliance I can redeem on the premium carriers. I am also quite fond of the Gershwin tunes they use. This June, I'm booked to take CO from CLE-SFO before hooking on to SQ15 to SIN. Although I'll get a free breakfast and snagging a cheaper fare, UA has a bit of that intangible feeling going on with the whole "fly the friendly skies" thing that makes me wish I was on UA. But still, they can never steal my heart away from SIA
                            Last edited by sqforever; 21 April 2008, 11:05 AM.
                            Such a way about you, My Singapore Girl. Wouldn't go away without you, My Singapore Girl.

Comment

Among all US airlines, I think UA has considerably the most innovative products and services too.

Comment

Greetings from the LHR SKL F , where I am awaiting my first ever experience of UA International First to SFO. Will post impressions/TR soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X