Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LH: What is the chance of this occurence happening?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LH: What is the chance of this occurence happening?

I started this thread:

What is the chance of this occurence happening?

Now it has been moved to the OMNI forum, caused the replier focused more on the second point in my post, instead of this anomaly in my opinion:

I had been in F class too many times that I could not count in many different airlines. But two days ago, I noticed something odd. Flying SFO-MUC, there were 4 female pax and 2 male only. Two days prior to the flight, there were only 3 booked, 2A and 2K (both female) and 1K (me).
    When the actual flight closing the door, there were one more male seating in 1A, and the two other females seating in the middle row 1 and 2.
    So, anyone has experience more ladies F pax than the gentlemen?
    I don't recall any flight on SQ F that has more female pax tahn male. Or may be LH has the record of my female F pax than male F pax in most of their flights which led to the unimportant post by this person?

Thank you for letting me ranting in fume here. But I am sure you guys would have some opinion here. Fire away!
    Cheers!

I can't access OMNI OTF.

From your post here, am I right to assume that your original question was:
    The likelihood of having a higher ratio of female to male pax in F? - Comparing SQ and LH.

Possible reasons:
    1. Men prefer flying SQ because they like the pampering
    2. Women prefer flying LH because they like strong handsome German men
    3. More women go to MUC
    4. Easier to get flight awards on LH F
    5. Husbands on this flight have been upgraded but gave the F seat to their wives

More women in LH F than men! I'm disappointed! I was hoping to meet some nice matured gentleman on my LH F flight in Jan.

Comment

You forgot reason 0: The observation was a one-off, and the overwhelming majority of the time, women are outnumbered by men in the F cabin.
      Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
      2. Women prefer flying LH because they like strong handsome German men
      I see you're an optimist. I saw no such men on my recent flights. In fact the only passably good-looking male (note: singular) carried a Swiss passport.
      More women in LH F than men! I'm disappointed! ...
      I think SQ LPP posted because he noticed a notable exception. My LH F flights followed the rule, which is that men tend to outnumber the women in the F cabin.

I suspect this 'rule' results from a number of elements in workplace dynamics, such as
      • Historically, men have had better access to well-paying jobs
      • Historically, men have not had to fulfil the expectation to stay home and raise the kids
      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
        You forgot reason 0: The observation was a one-off, and the overwhelming majority of the time, women are outnumbered by men in the F cabin.
        I suspect this 'rule' results from a number of elements in workplace dynamics, such as[/list]
        jjpb3, always so intellectual and logical.

I was of course aware
        1) that SQ LPP's observation was a rare occurence, and
        2) a woman's place in society .

My first post was just pure funning with SQ LPP!

Actually, wouldn't there be a higher male to female ratio in J compared to F? Companies paying for their employees in J. Whereas, F might see more couples travelling for pleasure? Of course, the numbers would be skewed when both members of the couple are male.

Comment

Of course, I know it's a just one dot of sample. But still, for me it was my first to be dominated by woman.

1. Men prefer flying SQ because they like the pampering

My first post was just pure funning with SQ LPP!
          I can argue that women would get pampering as well on SQ.

Comment

No strong, handsome German men on my LH flights either... On my SWISS flights on the other hand.........
            All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

I've been on a flight where the only guy in the F cabin was the LS. The rest of the F crew and pax (5 of them) were all girls.

Comment

Working...
              X