Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best seats: LH F?

Question to our M&M gurus:

I get to experience LH F over the Christmas holidays (anything to escape depressingly lifeless London on Christmas Day!), so I think I should select my seats soon. I'm on the FRA-SIN-FRA route, which I believe is served by the 744.

Recommendations on the best seat, and if that isn't available, the next best options?
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
    Question to our M&M gurus:

I get to experience LH F over the Christmas holidays (anything to escape depressingly lifeless London on Christmas Day!), so I think I should select my seats soon. I'm on the FRA-SIN-FRA route, which I believe is served by the 744.

Recommendations on the best seat, and if that isn't available, the next best options?
    Most of flyers prefer the exit row 83AC (with jump seat in front), or 83HK (with permanent bar table/storage in front of it).
    I personally prefer 84H or K. I can observe the whole cabin. And in a full flight, so many times I have no seatmate, because most pax doesn't want to seat here due to proximity of restroom behind the seats 84HK. This lavatory is very spacious, compare to the one in front of seats 81HK.

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
      Most of flyers prefer the exit row 83AC (with jump seat in front), or 83HK (with permanent bar table/storage in front of it).
      I personally prefer 84H or K. I can observe the whole cabin. And in a full flight, so many times I have no seatmate, because most pax doesn't want to seat here due to proximity of restroom behind the seats 84HK. This lavatory is very spacious, compare to the one in front of seats 81HK.
      I think we've discussed this before, but now that it's relevant to me, the notion is beginning (finally?) to sink in: they give you a seatmate in LH F?

Comment

On 744, the F seats are 2 - 2 configuration. Thus, a seatmate is most likely to happen. And yeah, the proximity with the seatmate when sleeping is very sexy.
        The Airbus F configuration is 1 - 2 - 1 that allow more privacy for the window pax.

Comment

I think the window seat would be more convenient for LH F, as with all upper deck seats. The storage space under the windows is very handy. There is a lot of legroom which means you do not need to worry about disturbing ** seat mate when getting in and our of ** seat. I had problems finding space to store my pillow when I didn't need it and ended up chucking it behind my seat - which wouldn't have been possible if my seat was reclined.

Also the legroom of the regular seats is more than sufficient. The emergency exit row lacks privacy I reckon, and as CGK points out there is a serving station permanently located in front of the HK seats and hence lots of FA movement around those seats.

Somehow I preferred 81H to 84C. It sounds strange as this is the antithesis of CGK's reasons for his preference, but I personally felt there was an element of privacy in being right in front of the cabin and not being able to see anyone else but those in my row. YMMV of course.

And yes - you get a seat mate on the 744. But I think that's more than offset by the other pluses of LH F. I think it's a very solid product all round, they're easily up there with the best if they update their seating. The seats themselves. are comfy though - despite not being state of the art pods.
          Last edited by KeithMEL; 25 June 2007, 07:29 PM.
          All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

84A/K for me. I prefer to watch than be watched. There's no real "need" for exit rows, as seat pitch is like 93-94 inches on the 744.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
              Somehow I preferred 81H to 84C.
              Sorry, KeithMEL, but maybe my neurons aren't firing properly today. You lost me on two counts. First, didn't CGK prefer 84H or K? Secondly, isn't H an aisle seat, whereas you said the window seat was preferable?

If I'm being slow, please bear with me. My mind isn't as quick as it used to be.

Thanks for your input, CGK, KeithMEL and SQfg.

I think I'll request Row 84. I too (being shy? shut up, CGK) prefer not to be watched.
              Last edited by jjpb3; 25 June 2007, 07:43 PM. Reason: formatting

Comment

Sorry, KeithMEL, but maybe my neurons aren't firing properly today. You lost me on two counts. First, didn't CGK prefer 84H or K? Secondly, isn't H an aisle seat, whereas you said the window seat was preferable?
                I only made that comparison because I've only been in 81H and 84C, both aisle seats. I left seat selection till too late and by then the windows of both rows were gone. Having heard nice things about both rows 81 and 84 I went for second best - aisle seats in both. But while sitting in my aisle seats I realised why window seats are better in general - as with other upper deck cabins I've been on.

Yes CGK indicated a preference for 84HK - I was merely referring to his preference for row 84 in general.
                Last edited by KeithMEL; 25 June 2007, 07:40 PM.
                All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

I only made that comparison because I've only been in 81C and 84H, both aisle seats.
                  Ah, got it. Sorry for the slow-firing neurons. It's always good to have the voice of experience in these here parts.

Comment

I've had 83A twice last few months and thought it was a great choice. For FRA-SGN I had no seatmate (for the BKK-SGN leg I was the only one upstairs ) for SIN-FRA every seat was taken.

It was enjoyable being upstairs but I still think F is better downstairs at the front on a 744.

Comment

I think I'll request Row 84. I too (being shy? shut up, CGK) prefer not to be watched.
                      Well it's not all row 84. You will not be a shy person being seated in 84AC. behind you is the magazine table/storage. And yes, the FAs can observe you from the galley behind. Thus, if you are doing something naughty with your seat mate or yourself alone, you will be caught!
                      So, 84K is the place to hide...

I know MANFlyer loves 83A, like all other LH flyers. He has more chance to meet up LH HON or those high level business travellers. As for KeithMEL, being in the first row 81, it's his learning process to become politician to be watched by the rest of the pax in the cabin.

Comment

As for KeithMEL, being in the first row 81, it's his learning process to become politician to be watched by the rest of the pax in the cabin.
                        Maybe I'm strange (as a friend is so fond of telling me) - but I feel more private in not being able to see anyone else? The cabin feels smaller and more cozy in the front row plus you'll be served first.

Comment

Well it's not all row 84. You will not be a shy person being seated in 84AC. behind you is the magazine table/storage. And yes, the FAs can observe you from the galley behind. Thus, if you are doing something naughty with your seat mate or yourself alone, you will be caught!
                          So, 84K is the place to hide...
                          And SQfg in 84A? Does this mean she's very proper (nothing to hide from the cabin crew) and watchful (therefore wanting to observe the goings-on in the cabin)?

What exactly do you do that merits hiding in 84K?
                          Last edited by jjpb3; 27 June 2007, 03:03 AM.

Comment

Maybe I'm strange (as a friend is so fond of telling me) - but I feel more private in not being able to see anyone else? The cabin feels smaller and more cozy in the front row plus you'll be served first.
                            Ah, you are one of those guys!
                            I guess I am the back of the bus kind of guy! So would rather be an observant in the back!

And SQfg in 84A? Does this mean she's very proper (nothing to hide from the cabin crew) and watchful (therefore wanting to observe the goings-on in the cabin)?

What exactly do you do that merits hiding in 84K?
                            Do you want me to spill them out? Will this public forum allow such a thing?
                            One thing for sure, can have private time in taking my meals pictures. Also will be able to hide the infamous reading materials from London.. (Just kidding for the last one)

Comment

As for KeithMEL, being in the first row 81, it's his learning process to become politician to be watched by the rest of the pax in the cabin.

Comment

Working...
                              X