Star Alliance not rulling out Virgin Blue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
    As is the hole in South America. Having flown DJ twice, I dont really see how their service model can be part of *A being a full-service airline group.
    definitely ... they should contact TAM as they seem to be the only better airline not already taken. this mergers and alliance talks going on really remind me of inter-personal relationships.
    Home is where your heart is.

Comment

Originally posted by florianwagner View Post
      definitely ... they should contact TAM as they seem to be the only better airline not already taken. this mergers and alliance talks going on really remind me of inter-personal relationships.
      I flew TAM domestic Brazil a couple of months back and I like them. Hmmm... maybe I need to post some pictures. Cabin crews wears tight-white t-shirts

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
        Having flown DJ twice, I don’t really see how their service model can be part of *A being a full-service airline group.
        I've flown DJ a few times, and it wasn't much difference to my last BD UK Domestic flight. Both flights had allocated seating, a lounge available, priority check-in. DJ didn't have business at the time.

BD economy had to pay for food, just like DJ economy.

DJ didn't have priority baggage handling, and I haven't any experience of connecting flights with them. However BD don't really like connecting flights either (especially if it’s with another airline - they won't check your bags through. They also won't check them through if it’s with BD on a separate PNR).

I guess DJ won't do waitlisting or some of the other niceties, but they're not much different to BD Domestic in my opinion.
        matt_will_fix_it

Comment

Originally posted by flyboy777 View Post
          http://virginblue.com.au/AboutUs/Med...s/P_002025.htm

It's not SQ F...but it's a start.

If DJ did join Star...where would that leave the rest of the Virgin brand. SQ owns 49% of Virgin Atlantic (which they don't wantwho owns part of DJ. Also, Virgin America is wrestling for market share with *A member United. United already partner Virgin Blue on SFO/LAX-SYD/MEL, where does that leave V Australia? Tis complicated
          It will be a dream come true if the entire Virgin brand joins *A! Will really give OneWorld a run for its money in many key markets, including LHR-US!
          Help make this article a better one!

Comment

Just did a check on fares online for SYD-AKL-SYD. NZ's fares are much higher than QF's and EK's. Star Alliance lacks presence here. Hope they can speed up Virgin Blue's entry into Star Alliance.

Comment

Working...
            X