US Airways will exit the Star Alliance on March 30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Airways will exit the Star Alliance on March 30

No one posted this, but I think most of you have known this already.
    US Airways....not an impressive airline...but now we have only United left if we want to earn *A miles in US domestic

http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/08/travel/american-usairways-frequent-flier-changes/

SQ places its code on some US flights, doesn't it? What will become of it?

Comment

Well the codes will simply be taken out.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ22 View Post
        Well the codes will simply be taken out.
        I think code share does not means both airlines must be in same *A right?

Comment

Originally posted by cscs1956 View Post
          yes code shares do not have to be within the alliance but it definitely makes more sense when they are. I'm sure we will see the SQ codeshares ending unless there is no other option, there is a strong business case for continuing them and US Airways still agrees to them

Comment

http://www.usairways.com/en-US/divid...21226_01072014

Important things to keep in mind for upcoming travel:

We'll be exiting Star Alliance on March 30, 2014. You’ll be able to earn and redeem miles on Star Alliance carriers until that date. Any existing reservations for travel on a codeshare flight with a Star Alliance partner after March 30, 2014 are safe; however, you'll be rebooked with a new flight number from the carrier operating the flight, and you'll no longer earn miles or receive Star Alliance Gold or Silver benefits.

We no longer offer codeshare flights for sale with United Airlines. After our exit from Star Alliance on March 30, 2014, we will no longer offer codeshare flights for sale with Brussels Airlines, Lufthansa and SWISS. Any existing reservations are safe, but you will not earn miles for flights after March 30, 2014.

We plan to continue relationships with the following airlines, which means you'll be able to earn and redeem miles on these select partners even after we've exited Star Alliance: Aegean, Air China, Air New Zealand, Shenzhen Airlines, Singapore Airlines, South African Airways, TAM, TAP and Turkish Airways.

US Airways customers with Star Alliance Gold status will no longer have access to Star Alliance lounges after March 30, 2014.

Comment

Originally posted by cscs1956 View Post
              Oh yeah I forgot codeshare agreements extend beyond alliances. I stand corrected.

Comment

Working...
              X