What it's really like flying business class with Swiss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What it's really like flying business class with Swiss

With an Airbus A340-300 plane there are two business class compartments making up a total of 46 seats. I'm lucky to snag seat 4D in the first compartment. This compartment is better because there are only two rows and nine seats, making it quieter when compared to compartment two with the rest of the business class seats. All of the seats feel super private, but not all of them are the same.
    http://www.news.com.au/travel/travel...-1226787324825

Sounds good... I wouldn't mind flying in such a cabin.

The mini cabin is nicknamed stubli (with some accents, i can't remember how it goes).. but yes, a nice experience especially if you can snag the ones on the left window with the double consoles.

Comment

Only managed the main cabin, but always a window single seat and I do like it. Maybe I prefer the TG A380 now, again single window seat, but service and food on LX is definitely better.

Comment

I have flown on both new C seats (LX and TG) and find the LX one way superior. The TG seat feels narrow and a bit restricted and I couldn't really get a comfortable sleeping position. I'm not hugely tall (1.80m) nor am I "portly" around the midsection and still I felt cramped. LX seat was much more to my liking, but then tastes differ.

The mini cabin is great and we had row 4 D + G middle seats on SIN-ZRH-SIN. The best for traveling together. Akin to the bulkhead seats on SQ where you can lay straight and don't have to sleep diagonally to fit (at least for me). The only downside is that before take-off LX puts the newspapers on the ledge in front of the middle seats on row 4 so you feel like a newspaper stand for a while till they clear it for take-off. On both our flights seat 4A was taken up by an HON Circle pax, both got consistently special treatment from the Maitre de Cabin including pillows and headsets from F .

Overall LX would be my choice for seat and consistency in food and service if price not in the equation. TG service occasionally can be great, but often it is just barely okay.
        Last edited by demue; 28 December 2013, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Currently on the return leg of an LX itinerary from SFO back to Paris. The ZRH-SFO-ZRH sectors were/are all in the mini cabin 5A/B and now 5D/G. An earlier trip had one sector BKK-ZRH in 5A/B too. Maybe I've been lucky so far, but it hasn't been difficult for a non M&M elite to score the mini-cabin seats - generally restricted to row 5.

The LX seats are a bit cramped compared to the NBC flatbeds in SQ but good enough in flatbed mode for me to get a decent rest. IMO the NBC seats are the best flatbeds in the air (I.e. in bed mode). Food is decent not great. Overall, I prefer LX to TK - better English and service from the cabin crew. Currently one of the cheapest full-mileage accruable C options for me since TK's cheapest C fares are now only 100% for KF.

Comment

Comparing seat width of any Biz seat to the SQ one is always going to yield the same result. The others are smaller - yes - but the SQ seat is too wide for my taste anyways. More pitch would be welcome so I don't need to stick my feet into that narrow hole and sleep diagonal (unless in bulkhead seat).

So I flew on a TG 777-300ER with the new Biz seat (same as on A380) and definitely do not love that seat. The foot well area is so small and narrow that it makes for awkward sleeping for me and I only have shoe size 43 (is that UK 9 or so?).Overall the seat feels tight even when getting into the seat and one wonders what all that space was wasted on with this weird seat shell construction.

Of course this being TG the IFE and hand held controller weren't working and busted. IFE froze 3 times on a 2hrs flight for the people who were able to watch assuming the crappy noise cancelling headphone wasn't bustedtoo. The crew was indifferent during service at best forgetting my meal choice, both our take-off drinks, etc.

Well, TIT is all that I had to remind myself of. Give me LX seat and service any time of the day over TG.

Comment

Working...
            X