Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never a dull moment on SK

For me at least it would seem.

I haven't flown them for a few years now not a great deal over the years (I've probably flown in and and out of Fornebu as much as Gardermoen when travelling to OSL!) but on CPH-ATH last week we had a very bizarre situation where two pax didn't turn up and were off loaded and then the chaos really started.

Nothing unusual in pax not turning up of course but then they couldn't find their luggage for over an hour, which is bizarre. They finally announced they had and we would be on our way soon then after nothing happening for 15 minutes they announced the number of pax on board didn't tally with the manifest so that needed to be sorted. They then proceeded to go around every pax asking for BP's and after finishing this announced they were still out. So, an hour and half after we boarded the aircraft they announced we all had to disembark and reboard!!. This we duly did and shortly after this the doors cloased and we pushed back, two hours late. No explanation as to what happened just a (to be fair pretty genuine) apology from the purser who advised that in 25 years of flying she had never come across such a situation before.

It's a good job it was a flight full of laid back Scandinavians and not a UK middle of the night bucket and spade flight to somewhere in Spain.
    Last edited by MAN Flyer; 5 August 2013, 07:09 PM.

Many times on board SK they were tallying and re-tallying the pax on board but not to the extent of what you've been through. Scandinavians going on holiday are pretty relaxed but if it was a morning weekday flight to OSL from KRS, BGO or SVG, then it's a different story!
    God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Had something similar on LH last year when we made it all the way out to the end of the runway before parking up and captain coming over the radio saying numbers didn't tie up. This was from DUS to EDI and followed directly on from another flight from ZUR to DUS where a bag was left on the tarmac next to the Embraer we were on and it all needed tracked.

I had to question Swiss and German efficiency that day but how I made it to EDI only a half hour late that day I still don't know.

Yours looks a little extreme though.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
        Many times on board SK they were tallying and re-tallying the pax on board but not to the extent of what you've been through. Scandinavians going on holiday are pretty relaxed but if it was a morning weekday flight to OSL from KRS, BGO or SVG, then it's a different story!
        Indeed. Crew/aircraft had just flown in from BGO.

Originally posted by scooby5 View Post
        Had something similar on LH last year when we made it all the way out to the end of the runway before parking up and captain coming over the radio saying numbers didn't tie up.
        That's rather worrying, getting to the end of the runway.

Comment

Originally posted by scooby5 View Post

I had to question Swiss and German efficiency that day...

A couple of years ago LH managed to 'forget' to load a whole container full of luggage on my FRA - LHR flight. So something like 40+ passengers had no luggage including me and my wife!

Comment

Working...
          X