LAX/SFO-AKL business class return for USD1480 all in [FARE GONE]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MegatopLover View Post
    Thanks. But I'm *Nothing. No status on any * carrier, and just a few miles with TG. This will change that, but probably won't get me status. But it will get me to New Zealand. Definitely someplace I'm interested to see, though it wasn't high on the priorities list-- until now.
    Does the fare allow a stopover in MEL or SYD?
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Stopover might have been allowed, but I didn't book it that way originally and, in deciding to honor the tix, UA has implemented a no-changes-or-pay-the-fare-difference policy, so I can't organize a stopover now. I'll have about 5 hours in SYD on the return: enough to see the bridge and opera house but that's about it.

If I took UA ATL-SFO, I could get status on UA. And as others have pointed out, here and via PM, I could get status on BD or LH with this trip, but I'll probably just dump the miles into TG ROP. Eventually I'll have enough for an award ticket with Mr. Megatop flying on his TG miles too.

Comment

Stopover might have been allowed, but I didn't book it that way originally and, in deciding to honor the tix, UA has implemented a no-changes-or-pay-the-fare-difference policy, so I can't organize a stopover now. I'll have about 5 hours in SYD on the return: enough to see the bridge and opera house but that's about it.
        Beware of the SYD CIQ hassle - it's no Changi. Depending on when u arrive - CIQ has its quiet moments during the trans tasman flights. You also need an Electronic Travel Authority (or a visa by default) to enter Australia - costs A$20 on www.immi.gov.au and it's approved instantly. I'd just stay airside though - try to enter the very nice Air NZ lounge at SYD.
        All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
          Beware of the SYD CIQ hassle - it's no Changi. Depending on when u arrive - CIQ has its quiet moments during the trans tasman flights. You also need an Electronic Travel Authority (or a visa by default) to enter Australia - costs A$20 on www.immi.gov.au and it's approved instantly. I'd just stay airside though - try to enter the very nice Air NZ lounge at SYD.
          We'll definitely check out the Air NZ lounge at SYD on the way over, but I will be desperate to dash into town on the return leg to see the major sights, even if just to see them for a few momens, since I've never been to Australia before. We've got 5 hours in transit, so it ought to be do-able. Good tips, thought, thanks.

Comment

If I took UA ATL-SFO, I could get status on UA. And as others have pointed out, here and via PM, I could get status on BD or LH with this trip, but I'll probably just dump the miles into TG ROP. Eventually I'll have enough for an award ticket with Mr. Megatop flying on his TG miles too.
            Can't you fly on the same flights using miles from different *A airlines? Or were you thinking of ROP upgrades / birthday deals in particular?

(BTW, I think it's sweet that you want to be in the same FFP as your honey. )
            ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

...since I've never been to Australia before....
              Ahh - now that's different.
              SYD airport is great for quick dashes to town as it's both located reasonably near downtown and connected to a train line. Once landside, just follow the signs to the train, ride it to Circular Quay station which is just a couple of stops away and you're all set for the Opera House, the Harbour Bridge, the Rocks etc.

Comment

able to change my return dates without any problem calling UA Customer Service from Italy.
                =)
                There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
                If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

Originally posted by LukeGT View Post
                  able to change my return dates without any problem calling UA Customer Service from Italy.
                  =)
                  I have heard that, too, but have not tried it myself, since the process is different, if you have a paper or an eletronic ticket - at least that's what the most people told me.
                  FLYGVA
                  Hotel and Trip Reports

Comment

FLYGVA, for what i was able to understand, the customer service for Italy (which is located in Poland) is not informed about the mistake fare, therefore they really didn't know anything about the matter.

On the contrary it seems very difficult for UA to credit the inaugural MXP-SIN flight to my account.... after more than 10 months i'm still fighting with them. They keep to give me silly answers.

Comment

Originally posted by LukeGT View Post
                      FLYGVA, for what i was able to understand, the customer service for Italy (which is located in Poland) is not informed about the mistake fare, therefore they really didn't know anything about the matter.

On the contrary it seems very difficult for UA to credit the inaugural MXP-SIN flight to my account.... after more than 10 months i'm still fighting with them. They keep to give me silly answers.
                      I have some similar experience - since I have a paper ticket issued by orbitz.com which has to be transfered to UA first and then UA could change the return, I decided against it. Five days in AKL seems okay, I will do some city hopping in the US instead.
                      FLYGVA
                      Hotel and Trip Reports

Comment

Finally (and unexpectedly) I discovered this mistake fare will be really useful and not only a cheap way to top my account. =)

Comment

Working...
                        X