Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Singapore - Chiang Mai on TG question

post deleted
    Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 04:11 AM.

You clear customs in Chiang Mai. You'll get a thorough scan when transferring in BKK also... they make the announcement prior to landing in BKK in case you forget.

Refer to sqdazz below for greater accuracy.
    Last edited by Kyo; 17 January 2013, 10:47 AM. Reason: Clear Customs, not both 'immigration and customs'

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
      You clear it in Chiang Mai. You'll get a thorough scan when transferring in BKK also... they make the announcement prior to landing in BKK in case you forget.

post deleted
      Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 04:56 AM.

Comment

You clear it in Chiang Mai. You'll get a thorough scan when transferring in BKK also... they make the announcement prior to landing in BKK in case you forget.
        Just curious how this work. BKK-CNX is domestic flight right, so most of pax will not require to pass immigration and custom. How they tell which pax need to go through immigration and custom in CNX?
        visit my blog

Comment

Refer to sqdazz below for greater accuracy
          Last edited by Kyo; 17 January 2013, 10:47 AM.

Comment

hang on... this isn't quite right.

you clear immigration in BKK. you clear customs at CNX. your bags will come out on an international carousel. your bags are separated from the domestic ones. you will wear a sticker showing you are an international passenger.

going the other way you clear immigration in CNX before flying to bkk.
            My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

I'd go with sqdazz on the int'l-domestic transfer info. Edited posts above.

Comment

I've done this segment quite a few times in the past but not recently. Same procedure applies for flights SIN-BKK-CEI as well.

In SIN, you are checked through to CNX with two boarding passes.

What happens in BKK is that you get this CIP sticker pasted on your shirt to identify that you are an international passenger before your board the BKK-CNX segment. The flight is a mixed bag of domestic and int passengers.

On arrival in CNX, you will be directed to the international side for imjmigration and customs clearance if you have that sticker on.

Sounds really silly to me but thats how they did it for me.

Comment

Well, that's quite a conflict of info compared to sqdazz's post. I got the sticker also (but seriously, that's an easy lapse in security). E.g. my sticker fell off on my HKT-BKK-SIN and my CNX-BKK-SIN flights... I stuck a spare sticker in my passport holder just in case I ever lose another one

Comment

Well, that's quite a conflict of info compared to sqdazz's post. I got the sticker also (but seriously, that's an easy lapse in security). E.g. my sticker fell off on my HKT-BKK-SIN and my CNX-BKK-SIN flights... I stuck a spare sticker in my passport holder just in case I ever lose another one
                    Yeah... the procedure was quite silly. I lost my sticker en-route to CEI but the guy at the airport accepted my explanation that I was an internatinal traveller.

Not only that, passengers can actually exchange hand luggage on board and bypass customs on arrival.

AFAIK, immigration is only cleared at BKK if the final destination does not cater to international passengers.

Comment

TG always makes an announcement prior to arrival something along the lines of "all transiting passengers going on to Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Phuket and Samui will be *this is the part where I go hazy* required to clear (immigration? apparently not according to sqdazz, whom I'm inclined to believe)/customs at your destination"

Familiarity means I tone the announcements out nowadays. Or I'm usually just watching a movie on my laptop.

Comment

immigration is done at Bangkok guys when coming inbound to Thailand. That is the CURRENT procedure. It is only customs clearance done at CNX or that list of airports.

Leaving Thailand you will be stamped out at CNX .

surprised more regular TG flyers haven't chimed in here.

Comment

You are definitely more up to date than I am, so apologies if I misled.

I now avoid TG to CNX, opting for MI even though it is not a daily flight. But it is direct.

Thanks for the update.

Comment

I suspect most of our regulars are heading into BKK rather than continuing onwards to domestic destinations so don't do this all that much. As it turns out I am going to be doing this a bit as I now have reason to fly to Hat Yai on a semi-regular basis.

Comment

Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
                              I suspect most of our regulars are heading into BKK rather than continuing onwards to domestic destinations so don't do this all that much. As it turns out I am going to be doing this a bit as I now have reason to fly to Hat Yai on a semi-regular basis.
                              Would ongoing passengers join the same immigration queues as those arriving in BKK? I find it so much nicer to clear immigration at CNX or CEI than in BKK. At least luggage is checked-through.

I've had connection time of only less than 50 min in the past and even without clearing immigration, was in a bit of a rush.

Comment

Working...
                              X