Star alliance redemption using KF miles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star alliance redemption using KF miles

Can't get SQ J saver availability on a dec flight sin-icn-sin. Thinking of redeeming on a partner airline, since I always hear that partners open up more seats (?).

1) Do i get the 15% if I do alliance redemption through the phone?
    2) With the redemption rate of SQ and its partners the same. Is it more worth it to stick to SQ redemption?
    3) If there is no SQ availability, which of its partners would you next book with?

I also have another ticketed round-trip on JAL. Do i also call the krisflyer hotline if I want to upgrade using KF miles?
    Last edited by flakingcorn; 20 November 2012, 01:38 PM.

Originally posted by flakingcorn View Post
    Can't get SQ J saver availability on a dec flight sin-icn-sin. Thinking of redeeming on a partner airline, since I always hear that partners open up more seats (?).

1) Do i get the 15% if I do alliance redemption through the phone?
    2) With the redemption rate of SQ and its partners the same. Is it more worth it to stick to SQ redemption?
    3) If there is no SQ availability, which of its partners would you next book with?

I also have another ticketed round-trip on JAL. Do i also call the krisflyer hotline if I want to upgrade using KF miles?
    flakingcorn,

Short and sweet.

1) No.

2) Yes, see 1).

3) To ICN, OZ.

(4)) No, JL is not a partner airline.
    /Desert Traveller

Comment

Try Asiana airlines. only 45,000 miles for a business return from Singapore to Incheon.

Comment

Originally posted by kelvinkezz View Post
        Try Asiana airlines. only 45,000 miles for a business return from Singapore to Incheon.
        i just called and checked. 40k per segment. 80k for round-trip.
        sigh im waitlisted and she says it doesnt look good from her side. *prays*

Comment

i just called and checked. 40k per segment. 80k for round-trip.
          sigh im waitlisted and she says it doesnt look good from her side. *prays*
          When are you departing? Airlines usually release more seats closer to date.

Comment

coming thursday. worse case scenario ill just get first saver instead. heh....

Comment

coming thursday. worse case scenario ill just get first saver instead. heh....
              If I'm in your position, I'll redeem 1st SAVER first and if J comes through, cancel 1st and go for J. All you lose is under $50 which isn't that bad for the security of your seat.
              Life's A Bitch,
              Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Flown with me? - http://my.flightmemory.com/inix

Comment

I rang up ANA about upgrading from econ to biz for SG to Tokyo. Basically the cheapest upgradable Econ seat was SGD3200, the cheapest biz seat for ANA is SGD3600. I ended up going back to SQ for the upgrade, not worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by ozdude View Post
                  I rang up ANA about upgrading from econ to biz for SG to Tokyo. Basically the cheapest upgradable Econ seat was SGD3200, the cheapest biz seat for ANA is SGD3600. I ended up going back to SQ for the upgrade, not worth it.
                  SQ is actually relatively unique in the sense that its Y and B fares are not ridiculously expensive. Normally, Y and B really means almost full-fare, and hence the sorts of prices that you found. On the other hand, on SQ you can often find Y and B fares for a much smaller premium over W.

Comment

Working...
                  X