TG 74N

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TG 74N

It would appear that TG has a new version of the 744 (74N) ready with the new A380-style F & J product.

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
    It would appear that TG has a new version of the 744 (74N) ready with the new A380-style F & J product.
    My goodness - what are they up to? They haven't even finished with the reconfig of the 6 744's to the Jet Airways style 77W mini suite (minus closing doors) layout and they embark on another completely different layout?

Comment

(facepalm)

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
        My goodness - what are they up to? They haven't even finished with the reconfig of the 6 744's to the Jet Airways style 77W mini suite (minus closing doors) layout and they embark on another completely different layout?
        I think they are one and the same. According to here, the 74N is the one with the mini suite in F, and the same old J - NOT what is fitted on the A380

So it's not a different layout - they are just updating the oldest 747s (with the paired F seats) to the mini-suite layout, which was mentioned by management a year or so ago

Comment

My bad(?) Seems 74N has 2-2, non-staggered J. But it also has F with sliding doors?

Comment

There is no sliding doors in F on the new 747 suite configuration. No door at all
            My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

I should have had the chance to try the new F on the 747 at the beginning of this month, when it was supposed to be introduced on TG920/921 to/from FRA at the beginning of this month. I had a booking to try it on one of the first flights but, TG being TG, the delayed the launch.

I learned to just smile at these things...

Comment

Sister had this aircraft from SYD-BKK a week ago. I only realised when she sent me a picture of her glass of Dom.

Comment

I think they YCL on the 74N is better than the A380... 34" pitch!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHhdDQ9A2_w

Comment

It would seem that the A330 style J seats were installed. Why replace an angled lie-flat product with another?

Does anyone know how many 74N's there are now?

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
                      It would seem that the A330 style J seats were installed. Why replace an angled lie-flat product with another?

Does anyone know how many 74N's there are now?
                      These were the old all-series aircraft so they actually replaced a (poor) recliner by the lie-flat so a big improvement
                      Summer holiday plans: Asia 09

Comment

Had my first flight on one of these earlier this month, which was slightly bizarre as I did have three bookings on them in the space of the supposed first two months in service, if they had stuck to their original date of introducing them. But we know how reliable airlines and aircraft manufacturers are about entry into service dates....

The new F seat is very nice and a big improvment on the old/current one. I cannot understand why they have wasted so much space at the side towards the window with a sizeable side area then the gap behind it, but I suppose it may have something to do with the space left with the two middle seats and wanting to keep them all one size. It does look like they have gone off the feedback from the leased 77W's as does remind you of that. Maybe it's the same manufacturer ?.

Of course, this being TG it wouldn't do for everything to be smooth and of course my seat - 3A - was not working properly as it would not go down flat into bed mode. Fortunately there was only two of us in F so I swithced to 3K. The guy in 1A also had to move down to row 3 as straight after take off a whistling/howling noise started at the front of the cabin and did not stop all the way to BKK.

Comment

I am planning for a trip to LHR in Apr / May and was thinking of trying out their 74N (plus a stop in BKK for some massage + pad thai), but so far all the websites that I've checked indicates TG as one of the most expensive airline to LHR from SIN!

Maybe I'm searching the wrong site. Are there anyone you can recommend?

Comment

Originally posted by flying.monkeyz View Post
                            I am planning for a trip to LHR in Apr / May and was thinking of trying out their 74N (plus a stop in BKK for some massage + pad thai), but so far all the websites that I've checked indicates TG as one of the most expensive airline to LHR from SIN!

I just flew and return from LHR with TG, booking through TA, about S$5500 for J.
                            This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Originally posted by flying.monkeyz View Post

What class ?. TG normally have very good fares, in all classes, from SIN.

Comment

Working...
                              X