Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Misleading info on LH website on Lounge

Hi guys,

Flown on Lufthansa from KUL-BKK on Business Class last week.

Before booking the flight, i did many research on it as there are choices of flying Royal Jordanian and Egypt Air but i booked on Lufthansa in March when they were are offering a quite attracting fare of RM888 return. Checked their website and they are using Thai Airways lounge for Business class passenger.

On the day of flight, checked in and i was offered Plaza Premium Lounge. I thought i should be offer Thai Airways Lounge as i saw there are invitation card on the check in desk. I asked why. The lady on the check in counter asked me whether am i a Gold member and i said no. The lady confirms that Thai Airways Lounge is only for First Class passenger and Gold member and above only.

Then i email Lufthansa for an explaination on this asking why and they did not offer me a priority pass for immigration. As below is what they replied.

Dear Mr. Hon Kit,

Thank you for your webpage comment dated July 1, 2012.

We can certainly understand your disappointment when you were refused access to the lounge in Kuala Lumpur. Furthermore, you were not as pleased as expected to the amenities and ambiance of the Plaza Premium.
    We ask you to accept our apologies with regard to the misleading information about your ticket reservation. As we investigated your reservation, you were booked on an economy class and not on a business class booking. We deeply regret that our staff did not inform you about that as a result of not being able to access our lounge.

We are aware that when one arrives at the airport early, a visit to the lounge can be enjoyable experience which sets a positive mood for the imminent journey. While we appreciate your dissatisfaction, we would like to take this opportunity to give you some information concerning lounge access.
    Our lounges represent a service which is specifically intended for our status customers such as our Frequent Travellers, Senators, or HON Circle Members as a way to show our appreciation for their loyalty. We also make this amenity available for Business and First Class travellers, as we want to ensure that a journey in our premium classes is an exclusive experience from start to finish. Therefore, there are clearly defined guidelines for accessing the lounges. We ask for your understanding that our staff cannot make exceptions to these rules under any circumstances. You will find an overview of which lounges are at your disposal and at which locations at www.lufthansa.com [11]- > Information & Service - > At the airport.

Kindly allow us to advise that we do allow access to our lounges for passengers who do not possess a status card under certain conditions. We are pleased to inform you that if you are travelling with a Frequent Traveller or Senator, you have the opportunity to join them as a guest in selected Lufthansa lounges.

It is our hope that your next flight with Lufthansa is an altogether pleasant experience. We hope that you had a wonderful birthday. Rest assured, we will do our utmost to make sure your future travel experiences are positive.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/ Yours sincerely,

Rodelyn Peco / Maricel Portillo

I got furious as they did not check properly on their side. So i scanned my boarding pass together with the Plaza Premium Lounge pass together with my eticket as well as a print screen of the lounge page on their website .

After more than a week, i got this reply.

Dear Mr. Hon Kit,

Thank you for your Email dated July 10, 2012.

It is very much to our regret that our previous correspondence did not meet your expectations and that an unfortunate error occurred as we mistakenly identified booking class P as travel class Economy.

Naturally, we investigated this matter once again for you by contacting our station management in Kuala Lumpur. We were informed that given the fact that Lufthansa does not have its own lounge at this airport, our guests are allowed to use our partner lounge Thai Royal Silk Lounge if they are in possession of a valid First Class boarding pass or a Star Alliance Gold Member. Guests who are in possession of a Business Boarding pass are invited to the Plaza Lounge which is currently undergoing renovations and will be back to normal operations in August. In the meantime the Plaza Lounge operator uses a temporary lounge to offer its services.

We are truly sorry if the information provided on our website was misleading and we thank you for sharing your observations with us. Please rest assured that we documented them for our on-going internal review with our website management team.

We would be delighted if our explanations have helped to make you feel that you are in good hands when you travel with Lufthansa. You can rest assured that we will do everything in our power to remain the airline you can trust in the future.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/ Yours sincerely,

Patricia Awe
    With lots of research and viewing trip report on LH 783 from KUL-BKK. All of them got access to Thai Airways lounge. Got very unhappy with LH.

Any one of you experience this before? Any idea on what can i reply them next?

Many thanks .

Best Regards,
    Hon Kit

your business class boarding pass should get you into any Star Lounges including the Thai lounge in KUL.

Comment

Even if the staff members push you towards a specific lounge, you are entitled to the *A lounge as a business class passenger, irrespective of *A airline (as always exceptions do apply):

International Business Class Customers: Customers have access to any Star Alliance member carriers' owned Business Class lounges.
      Customer must present a boarding pass for travel in International Business Class on a Star Alliance flight
      Customer must be departing from the local airport in International Business Class
      Customers must be a revenue customer
      Customer is not entitled to any guests
      Reference: http://www.staralliance.com/en/benef...access-policy/

Comment

Did you get any service recovery?

Comment

Thanks guys for the reply.

I went to TG lounge and was directed to PPL as they saw me holding the PPL passes.

9V-JKL, they did not offer me anything. Just rubbish appologies especially stating they have error on their website after me pointing out .

Do you have any idea on how to reply them to get service recovery?

Many thanks.

Comment

oh dear, it's a shame you were not familiar with Star policy as you certainly could have insisted on the TG lounge. I once flew on OZ from BKK to ICN in business and they give you a Louis Tavern pass, it seems RIDICULOUS when there star alliance partner Thai has lounges all over the airport. I skipped Louis Tavern and my boarding pass (with no *gold status on it either) was immediately accepted at the Thai lounge.
            My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

One would think even the SKL would allow LH J pax?

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                One would think even the SKL would allow LH J pax?
                Good luck getting in the SKL at KUL when not flying SQ or MI!.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                  But it's a J BP on *A... these lounge dragons need a schoolin'

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                    Don't know why anyone would want to enter in the SKL if given a choice. Unless one just wants to take advantage of a JCL *A BP.

The TG lounge may be larger and more refreshing, but if it's any consolation to the OP, you really didnt miss anything.

Comment

He might have missed chicken curry and roti jala! Omg!

Comment

I've probably flown SQ/MI ex KUL half a dozen times this year and I think I've been in the SKL once, for about ten minutes, and that was when flying MI.

If flying SQ I just use the TG lounge, like many others looking at the lounge dragons list. They now make announcements for SQ flights departing in the TG lounge.

I have to say it is pretty embarassing for what is supposed to be one of the world's major airlines to have pax at their closest destination unwilling, or unable, to use their own lounge as it's far too small, and instead using the much larger lounge of a regional rival.

Comment

Who wants to visit that SKL anyway - not particularly interesting.

I much prefer the Plaza Premium - which i get access to with my credit cards or Priority Pass cause it's got a smoking room

Comment

I'm telling you, curry chicken...

Comment

For a fare at RM888 return, whats there to complain about? Or izzit a typo figure....

Comment

Working...
                              X