Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LH Canceling MUC-SIN-CGK from W12

I did not see this coming.

As per 17JUL12 GDS inventory display, Lufthansa from 28OCT12 is cancelling Munich – Singapore – Jakarta service. Reservation for the 5 weekly service is closed, and there are no words whether overall service to Jakarta will be kept.

I've always been under the impression that Singapore is one of LH's most lucrative markets but this certainly raises some questions. Either way, it's very sad to see SIN lose yet another flight operated by a European carrier.

http://airlineroute.net/2012/07/17/lh-sincgk-w12/

Then no more option to go between SIN and CGK. Only left GA and SQ for full service irlines.

May be they will do FRA-BKK-CGK again as they di that last time or some period. Or may be FRA-CGK non-stop?
    visit my blog

Comment

Did some dummy booking on CGK-FRA in December. Seems LH will stop flying to CGK and use the partner airlines on CGK-SIN to feet into its SIN-FRA flight.

Well, you can choose either SQ (which is obvious as they are both *A) and ValueAir (aka Jetstar). The second come to a surprise to me.

Why not GA?
      visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
        Then no more option to go between SIN and CGK. Only left GA and SQ for full service irlines.
        PR does SIN-SGK. There's a TR in here as well

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
          Yeah I forgot about this little birdy.... PR only flew like 3-4x a week. Their timing is also not so good for weekend getaway.

One interesting things about LH, the CGK-SIN legs on SQ/VF does not seem mileage accrueable.

The miles for one or more of the airlines you specified could not be used. You can only use the mileage accrued for flights serviced by Adria Airways, Austrian Airlines Group, Brussels Airlines, Condor, Croatia Airlines, Germanwings, LOT Polish Airlines, Lufthansa, Luxair or SWISS. To learn more about earning miles with our airline partners, visit Earn miles > Flights at www.miles-and-more.com.
          And I got the same miles for CGK-SIN-FRA or SIN-FRA 12.774

Give people more reason not to fly LH ex-CGK
          visit my blog

Comment

Ew. I do not approve of this. I don't have internal organs to sell to be able to fly SQ on a connection ex-SIN from the US.

Comment

OH NEIN. Das ist nicht gut. Actually I have been taking these LH SIN-CGK-SIN flights quite a few times even for work purposes as prices easily can be 200-300SGD less than SQ (in Y, but the Z Biz fares were even more competitive). Also one could get decent one way fares if needed and I would always earn miles when crediting to LH M&M (plus SEN bonus). Am not sure on the SIN-MUC-SIN legs but Y between SIN & CGK was usually quite well filled. I guess the long-haul sector may not be performing.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                And both are quite rubbish to be honest Not that it matters terribly much on a 1hr15min flight, but still. I'm on another PR A320 in a few days and already dreading it, but then I may be a whiner

Comment

I'm not saddened to see this route dropped nor surprised. I flew it a couple of weeks ago and the A343 was a horrible experience. The IFE system was restarted 7 times and the crew were poorly trained and overstretched. Meals are basic with no options or menus, seats uncomfortable and the whole feel of the cabin layout is not unpleasant.

Simply does not compare to SQ in any way- the quality of products are worlds apart and probably they only managed to make this flight viable while SQ wasn't flying direct to MUC.

While the flight was packed solid, it would have been very low-yield due to the bargain prices they were charging. They need to lift their game, or this won't be the last route they'll be cutting.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                    I'm not saddened to see this route dropped nor surprised. I flew it a couple of weeks ago and the A343 was a horrible experience. The IFE system was restarted 7 times and the crew were poorly trained and overstretched. Meals are basic with no options or menus, seats uncomfortable and the whole feel of the cabin layout is not unpleasant.

Simply does not compare to SQ in any way- the quality of products are worlds apart and probably they only managed to make this flight viable while SQ wasn't flying direct to MUC.

While the flight was packed solid, it would have been very low-yield due to the bargain prices they were charging. They need to lift their game, or this won't be the last route they'll be cutting.

I was on CGK-SIN on LH A343, I think the aircraft is much better than SQ old B777-200/300 used on this route.

I was on biz class. The seat was good and comfortable, food also omparble to QR DPS-SIN service. I quite surprise to get this kind of service in European airlines.
                    visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
                      I was on CGK-SIN on LH A343, I think the aircraft is much better than SQ old B777-200/300 used on this route.

I was on biz class. The seat was good and comfortable, food also omparble to QR DPS-SIN service. I quite surprise to get this kind of service in European airlines.
                      I'm sure the A343 would stand up well when compared to SQ's very old 772s on a very short leg from CGK-SIN. The soon-to-be Scooters are in very bad shape inside, I hear.

Unfortunately I was on the 13 hour MUC-SIN leg. The LH A343 is competing against the SQ 77W on that one.

Comment

Originally posted by demue View Post
                        OH NEIN. Das ist nicht gut. Actually I have been taking these LH SIN-CGK-SIN flights quite a few times even for work purposes as prices easily can be 200-300SGD less than SQ (in Y, but the Z Biz fares were even more competitive). Also one could get decent one way fares if needed and I would always earn miles when crediting to LH M&M (plus SEN bonus). Am not sure on the SIN-MUC-SIN legs but Y between SIN & CGK was usually quite well filled. I guess the long-haul sector may not be performing.
                        Das ist nicht gut indeed!

Hope they don't axe SIN-CGK. I was supposed to do that leg in early November. Had my mind fixed on LH J. Its $550 on LH vs $900 on GA and SQ. If LH pulls out I'll swing the other way and fly budget

Comment

Originally posted by concept|infinit View Post
                          Das ist nicht gut indeed!

Hope they don't axe SIN-CGK. I was supposed to do that leg in early November. Had my mind fixed on LH J. Its $550 on LH vs $900 on GA and SQ. If LH pulls out I'll swing the other way and fly budget
                          U can fly PR C class for $440.
                          visit my blog

Comment

I believe Turkish has secured traffic rights for their SIN-CGK sector on TK66/67 since 11APR'11. So at least, there is another Star Alliance airline on that route.

Does Sriwijaya Air and Lion Air fit the definition of full service airlines? It seems that some planes in their fleets do have Business Class while the rest don't. Do they fly the planes with Business Class to SIN? If they do then they should be considered full service airlines, no?

Comment

According to airlineroute.net, LH is dropping the service altogether.

Comment

Working...
                              X