Avianca Lifemiles Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
    You'll have to purchase a block of 1000 miles, which isn't covered under this promo.
    Hm. So means buy at the usual rate ($33/1000), then pay to transfer again ($15/000)?

Comment

• If anyone wants, I have 3818 LifeMiles going to waste. Can't be bothered as rather grounded at the moment

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyo View Post
        If anyone wants, I have 3818 LifeMiles going to waste. Can't be bothered as rather grounded at the moment
        Lemme guess: SIN-BNE?

Comment

• Wrong!

BNE-SIN...

Comment

• I see they are running another 2 x 1 promo, but with a 10 percent bonus this time presumably to try and woo back some of those who have now given up buying their miles.

Does anyone still bother with these promos ?.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
              I see they are running another 2 x 1 promo, but with a 10 percent bonus this time presumably to try and woo back some of those who have now given up buying their miles.

Does anyone still bother with these promos ?.
              Not right now at least for a variety of reasons. Firstly, we still got a good chunk of miles in our accounts that need to be burned by Mid-2016. Secondly, even with the 10% bonus the offer is not that appealing for a general stock up unless you got certain specific redemptions in mind. The fact of a stronger US$, an increased award chart (ignoring tricked routes which I have never bothered with), limitations on LM (mixed class comes to mind, cancellation is a hassle), lack of availability as well as competitive Biz fares (especially for folks originating in Europe ) makes LM awards less attractive. YMMV.

Don't get me wrong, I still love the no fuel surcharge part and that can save a bunch of $$$, but one really needs to do a bit of math and analysis if one wants to get good value out of it. So for now we are looking for ways to burn instead of hording more miles.

Comment

• 135% Promo Active [POSSIBLY 145%]

https://www.lifemiles.com/eng/tra/pr....aspx?D=TTO221

went live today.

There is another site that went live to give you another 10% -- though it was only registered yesterday so caution should be exercised:

http://www.buymorelifemilespromo.com/?lang=en

Also, the second promo is only valid "today." I would assume that means midnight PDT.
                Last edited by HUGE AL; 9 September 2015, 07:08 AM.
                HUGE AL

Comment

• 150% Bonus -- 1.32 Cents per Mile

Same blogger & link, different promo. Expires December 15th Brazilian Time.

http://www.buymorelifemilespromo.com/?lang=en
                  HUGE AL

Comment

• Still trying to offload a nice amount of miles or a decent redemption. Still got enough validity for 2+ years. Not that easy these days even to get good business class seats. Additionally, the strong US$ vs. S$ doesn't help to make this very attractive if you are SIN based in my book. YMMV.

Comment

• Does anybody know how I can manage an SQ reservation booked through Lifemiles i.e. seat selection and book the cook? When I go to the SQ website and click on Manage Booking it says I need to get in touch with Avianca. Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by mingster View Post
                        Does anybody know how I can manage an SQ reservation booked through Lifemiles i.e. seat selection and book the cook? When I go to the SQ website and click on Manage Booking it says I need to get in touch with Avianca. Thanks
                        Add the booking reference in the KrisFlyer app under My Trips and you can select your seat there.

Comment

• Thanks Savage25. Still didn't work unfortunately. I have a feeling the actual award hasn't been ticketed yet so have sent a chaser to LM support.

Comment

• Originally posted by mingster View Post
                            Thanks Savage25. Still didn't work unfortunately. I have a feeling the actual award hasn't been ticketed yet so have sent a chaser to LM support.
                            Yes, you need the award to be ticketed before you can select seats on the app.
                            You can check at classic.checkmytrip.com if there is a ticket number.

Comment

• Aiyoh if not ticketed yet then cannot lah . In all earnest, I had this before a few times with LM redemptions that seat assignment via SQ web site (didn't try the app) did not work. Key is to have the itinerary ticketed and then it should work just fine.

BTW, slightly OT but to contrast the LM booking experience, I recently redeemed some of my hard earned A3 miles. (yes - bum in seat) While A3 does not have a way to check *A award availability online and the online form for submission is a bit of a joke (not even the desired cabin can be indicated), I found calling the contact center rather pleasant dare I say.

I did a SIN-NRT, 2 pax, NH846 Biz and another NRT-SIN, 2 pax, NH801 Biz redemption (both flights operated by a/c with the fully flat Business Staggered Seat) and each call was picked up within 3 rings after selecting the M+B option which is unheard off these days. English was very good with the first agent and quite passable with the second (just a heavier accent) and my reservations were done and dusted in under 10mins incl. taking CC payment. E-tickets issued and emails in my email inbox within 5mins I kid you not. Both agents were polite, accurate and the second one even thanked me for my time and using A3 - I was in shock .

All that for 84K miles total and 220 Euro in tax, YQ and booking fees (4 x 20 Euro) for 2 pax RT SIN-NRT-SIN in J and I was quite pleased. BTW, from what I have found, if LM with its very spotty availability can see the seats you want then A3 also seems to be able to see and grab them. Sorry for the short OT excursion.

Comment

• Hmm.. Still no go. App says server problems. New website says it was issued by a partner airline and I need to get in touch with them or the source of the booking. Come to think of it, I think I was able to do it on the old website but I guess there's no way of going back now.
                                Definitely ticketed though as I received the emails from Avianca and can see the ticket numbers on checkmytrip.com

Comment

Working...
                                X