X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
    Not true. Y is available 12 months out.
    Was referring to J.
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

• Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
      Not true. Y is available 12 months out.
      Miles can be redeemed for Y tickets?

Comment

• Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
        Was referring to J.
        Same for J but then on limited routes only.

Comment

• Hi All.

I was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to share some of the hidden cities with me operating out of SE Asia...

Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by bloctamlin View Post
            Hi All.

I was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to share some of the hidden cities with me operating out of SE Asia...

Thanks!
            There's one off my head: DSR

Do some research

Comment

• Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
              There's one off my head: DSR

Do some research
              I have been trying, I found one only though.

can you tell me where I can research (aside from what I am doing just potting random countries and searching in lifemiles).

I have searched over the flyertalk forums as well... just seem to be stuck

Comment

• Well you are a brave one . Your first post around here asks about something that is quite a sensitive topic with lot's of folks and not that widely shared. There are tons of pages to go through on FT and you can decipher quite a few with a bit of tenacity as well as doing some creative Google searches will also yield quite a few results. Sorry, this won't come easy. Once you have been around for a while and actually contributed something to the forums people may warm up to your request and work with you via PM.

BTW, while I'm all for maximizing returns I don't quite get the obsession of a lot of folks in this case. Most of the times making use of one of those cities and routes would mean one needs to position himself or / and get separate connecting flights to reach the intended destination. Add to that availability issues and quirkiness of LM search tool plus some of the known risks associated with some of the practices /routes and all that just adds up to a lot of headaches at least in my (personal) view. I just need to imagine something goes wrong and the Misses is left standing there and I need to get her to the destination in Y . The resulting "sh*t storm" would not be worth it in my case. YMMV.

I just did a redemption last week via LM for 2 pax on SQ one-way in J for SIN - Europe around Christmas time and was a happy camper paying 130K miles and 102US$ in booking fees and taxes (SQ KF would have added YQ of an odd 600+S$ ). Just YQ savings can be significant and make this a fairly decent deal even if one buys the miles and redeems at normal, non-trick routing levels.
                Last edited by demue; 22 September 2014, 12:31 PM.

Comment

• I will be flying SQ 3 times in the next 6 months thanks to LifeMiles :-D

Comment

• Effective today:

Changes in Avianca and Star Alliance ticket redemption
                    From October 15th, 2014, redemption fares for flights with Avianca will change, which include reductions and increases on all routes operated by the airline.
                    Miles required for air ticket redemptions with Star Alliance member airlines will also change. Redemption table adjustments will increase an average of 1% on required miles for Economy class and 13% for Business class, based on redemptions made during last year.
                    Learn how many miles you need to redeem a ticket with Star Alliance member airlines here
                    To be sure that our members have the opportunity to understand all changes before these take place, all modifications will be effective from October 15th, 2014.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                      This is a last minute change of plan and early return that means I can now look forward to the joy of cancelling a LM ticket when I get back.
                      How did that work out for you?
                      HUGE AL

Comment

• Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                        How did that work out for you?
                        I'll give you one guess..... I gave up after half an hour as I hadn't even reached Start...

Comment

• I actually saw my first ever LifeMiles status tag this weekend while in the IB lounge in MAD 4S!.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                            I actually saw my first ever LifeMiles status tag this weekend while in the IB lounge in MAD 4S!.
                            You know you looked on with great envy!
                            HUGE AL

Comment

• Life miles now has a promotion of sharing miles. How will i be able to make use of this if i have 0 balance in the account? Previous balance v was used to redeem 2x J already.

Comment

• Originally posted by kaysquare View Post
                                Life miles now has a promotion of sharing miles. How will i be able to make use of this if i have 0 balance in the account? Previous balance v was used to redeem 2x J already.
                                You'll have to purchase a block of 1000 miles, which isn't covered under this promo.

Comment

Working...
                                X