Avianca Lifemiles Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by demue View Post
    Well another 2:1 promo just went live. Not sure I ll be a taker this time around. Still enough to burn and with the unpredictability of the program it is getting riskier to be stuck with miles that are being devalued or won't get you what you are looking for. YMMV
    Same here. Everytime the promo ends I promise myself I won't miss the next one. But when the next one comes, before buying I start looking at availability and there nothing most of the time... so wondering again and again

Comment

• Originally posted by Durian View Post
      Same here. Everytime the promo ends I promise myself I won't miss the next one. But when the next one comes, before buying I start looking at availability and there nothing most of the time... so wondering again and again
      Well, not to miss on my promise, I checked, CDG-SIN in J one-way is 65,000 miles, so US$ 1,345, not bad at all

Comment

• Some routes do have some okay availability so it can be a decent deal as we all know. My issue is travel plans aren't firm and with the mediocre vacation days allotment one gets in this region compared to Europe I just don't have enough time to go places

Comment

• Unless you plan to burn them soon. Otherwise *** risk it.

Comment

• Originally posted by j.lin View Post
            Unless you plan to burn them soon. Otherwise *** risk it.
            Yes, I will only buy what I need for my immediate needs, don't intend to stack them up

Comment

• I haven't bothered with any LM promos for a while, not least as I still have a pile of miles with them. It's a great programme for sure, especially with some of the little tricks, but the nature of my travel often means last minute changes or cancellations and I just cannot face another hour and a half on the phone to those f*ckwits just to cancel a booking.
              Last edited by MAN Flyer; 9 May 2014, 09:59 PM. Reason: Limes :-)

Comment

• But can work okay if you got plans last minute (with still enough time for them to ticket) and manage to snatch some late release premium cabin seats

The cancellation experience though is horrid and something I hope I can avoid as much as possible.

Comment

But can work okay if you got plans last minute (with still enough time for them to ticket) and manage to snatch some late release premium cabin seats
                  I agree.

And I haven't had any really horrible cancellation experiences.
                  HUGE AL

Comment

• LM is the perfect replacement for BMI. They even got me Suites twice.

Comment

But can work okay if you got plans last minute (with still enough time for them to ticket) and manage to snatch some late release premium cabin seats

The cancellation experience though is horrid and something I hope I can avoid as much as possible.
                      Indeed, not least as yesterday I managed to book FRA-BKK in LH F and BKK-SYD on TG F for travel starting today, so at least I can use it when plans are firm.

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
                      LM is the perfect replacement for BMI. They even got me Suites twice.
                      LM is a good programme, but it is a million miles away form being a 'perfect replacement' for BMI. Some of the things you could do with DC (many still not for public consumption) where truly incredible.....

Comment

• Even without tricks, LM promos are great.

I booked a return NA to Asia business class ticket on EVA for 2/3rds of what a last minute economy ticket cost for the exact same time.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                          LM is a good programme, but it is a million miles away form being a 'perfect replacement' for BMI. Some of the things you could do with DC (many still not for public consumption) where truly incredible.....
                          There are quite a number of things with LM that are not for public consumption and many involve SQ :-)

Comment

• SQ ex-Australia inventory do not show up for LM (possibly all *A partners?) until T-14. For someone who plans as far out as possible, this is a bit of a PITA. Somewhat unusually TG isn't available on my dates of travel (late Oct) for a wedding I need to attend in SIN.
                            All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

• Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
                              There are quite a number of things with LM that are not for public consumption and many involve SQ :-)
                              Absolutely.

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                              SQ ex-Australia inventory do not show up for LM (possibly all *A partners?) until T-14. For someone who plans as far out as possible, this is a bit of a PITA. Somewhat unusually TG isn't available on my dates of travel (late Oct) for a wedding I need to attend in SIN.
                              A lot doesn't show up until T-14. It suits me as, just like this week, my plans regularly change at the last minute.

Comment

• Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                                SQ ex-Australia inventory do not show up for LM (possibly all *A partners?) until T-14. For someone who plans as far out as possible, this is a bit of a PITA. Somewhat unusually TG isn't available on my dates of travel (late Oct) for a wedding I need to attend in SIN.
                                Not true. Y is available 12 months out.

Comment

Working...
                                X