Avianca Lifemiles Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
    There is a sweet spot somewhere around 50% miles that makes the cost the same as the 100% promo $15/1000. You have to play with the slider to find it. Hint: it will be an even dollar amount with no cents
    Ah ok. Thanks for the tip.

Comment

• Originally posted by GLAM82 View Post
      If I use the full miles option it will be 30,000 miles at USD$15/1000 = USD$450
      Which is the 1.5 Cents per mile which is the cheapest as quoted.

Originally posted by GLAM82 View Post
      If I use the minimum miles + maximum cash option it will be 12000 miles + USD$283.68(Cash portion) = USD$180(Purchase Miles) + USD$283.68(Cash portion) = USD$463.68(Total Cost)
      Which is the sum of 1.5 Cents x 12.000 miles and 1.55 Cents x 18.000 miles. As quoted.

1.55 is without doubt more than 1.5, hence using full miles is always cheaper. At the same time, you cannot buy unlimited miles and you have to wait for new promotions to come up, hence I recommended to ignore the difference of 0.05 Cents which is amounting to an amazing 13.68 USD for your Business Class Ticket return and always use miles&cash to 'save' the miles in the piggy bank for whenever you need them.

If Lifemiles is not launching a new double promo, you will be stuck because of your 14 USD saving and have no miles left to book another ticket while I am still flying for next to no money in Business or First Class on SQ.

Comment

• Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
        Which is the 1.5 Cents per mile which is the cheapest as quoted.

Which is the sum of 1.5 Cents x 12.000 miles and 1.55 Cents x 18.000 miles. As quoted.

1.55 is without doubt more than 1.5, hence using full miles is always cheaper. At the same time, you cannot buy unlimited miles and you have to wait for new promotions to come up, hence I recommended to ignore the difference of 0.05 Cents which is amounting to an amazing 13.68 USD for your Business Class Ticket return and always use miles&cash to 'save' the miles in the piggy bank for whenever you need them.

If Lifemiles is not launching a new double promo, you will be stuck because of your 14 USD saving and have no miles left to book another ticket while I am still flying for next to no money in Business or First Class on SQ.
        Thanks for the clarification.

Sqdazz has actually given a better option in his last post which shows miles + cash at 1.5 cents either way.

Comment

• Originally posted by GLAM82 View Post
          Thanks for the clarification.

Sqdazz has actually given a better option in his last post which shows miles + cash at 1.5 cents either way.
          My word of warning stands: don't burn your valuable base miles and following his advice you burn more of your valuable base miles than needed. And for what? A mere 5 USD saving? I would think twice.

Comment

My word of warning stands: don't burn your valuable base miles and following his advice you burn more of your valuable base miles than needed. And for what? A mere 5 USD saving? I would think twice.
            I understand where you are coming from. The problem is I don't feel safe stockpiling miles with them. As such, I only buy enough miles for my entire family to travel SIN-FUK-SIN twice a year, and ticket them immediately once I purchase the miles during the promotion.

Sqdazz's option makes the most sense to me for my situation. Of course if I did not have the worry about stockpiling their miles, your option would be perfect.

Comment

• I prefer to spend all of these miles asap. You never know when is the next inflation. This program is not reliable.

Comment

It can be quite a bit more, depends on the route.
                My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

• does anybody know if LM gets some special access to SQ business class inventory?

I recently booked an M&M (LH) award, where LH only showed 1 seat available while LM showed 2. After the booking LH went to 0, LM to 1 and back to 2 seats after another hour with LH still showing 0 seats.

Any ideas on this?

Comment

• Originally posted by fflyer1 View Post
                    does anybody know if LM gets some special access to SQ business class inventory?

I recently booked an M&M (LH) award, where LH only showed 1 seat available while LM showed 2. After the booking LH went to 0, LM to 1 and back to 2 seats after another hour with LH still showing 0 seats.

Any ideas on this?
                    LM is notoriously famous for showing phantom availability. They cannot always be relied on to provide accurate data (not just for SQ).

The reason is the system actually creates a PNR the moment you go past the "enter your details" stage. This in real terms reduces inventory, and yet the site won't show it. I do not think they get any more special SQ J than any other FFP (in fact, i think LH actually gets more)

Comment

• For those who are commencing travel from Singapore, let's get started talking about the mispriced routes/cities that are available on Lifemiles to us.

I personally have found only 3 so far that can help us.

1) deleted

2) deleted

3) deleted

If anyone is interested to working together to find more routes/cities let me know through PM or replies. Let's get started soon!

Cheers
                      Last edited by mrdrunkskunk; 30 January 2014, 01:31 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by mrdrunkskunk View Post
                        For those who are commencing travel from Singapore, let's get started talking about the mispriced routes/cities that are available on Lifemiles to us.
                        Might I suggest you take this offline to PM. The routes you mention are well known. We just don't talk about it so much.

Comment

• Welcome to SQT... I guess.

Comment

• Mrdrunkskunk: Blatantly posting tricks or quirks of the program like this helps nobody. Your ideas are not new and are well known to most here. Take them down.
                            My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

• It's not all about minimizing points: Lifemiles is still the least expensive way to fly the class beyond first - I just booked a ticket for Monday

Comment

• I've taken down the routes. Since we're not to discuss this openly, I hope some of you will hopefully be open to sharing thru PMs!

Comment

Working...
                                X