SilkAir as Lufthansa SEN *G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SilkAir as Lufthansa SEN *G

Any benefits to being a Lufthansa Senator whilst travelling Silkair under a SQ codeshare? I know I won't get any miles, but what about lounge access / seat selection?

Operating airline rules.

MI is not part of Star Alliance so sorry, no benefits as *G. No lounge either. You can only seat selection at time of check in.

Comment

Exactly, I just flew them last week and the SQ flight number makes no difference whatsover. No miles either unless you credit to KF which I did (miles are tiny amounts anyway on SIN-KUL-SIN)

Comment

Originally posted by demue View Post
        Exactly, I just flew them last week and the SQ flight number makes no difference whatsover. No miles either unless you credit to KF which I did (miles are tiny amounts anyway on SIN-KUL-SIN)
        Actually I do not understand why people has to ask this question.

MI is not SQ. They should MI like other airlines which has co-share with SQ. SQ does a co-share with GA on DPS flight. Does people expect to earn *A miles on SQ co-share flight operated by GA? I think for this case, everyone should know what is the answer right?

I think the only confusion is MI is wholely own by SQ and some of the used to be SQ destination has been handed over to MI. That's why in other treat I suggested that SQ should merge back MI into the mothership and now they have Scoot to compete with budget airlines.
        visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
          Because one does not know.

It's a perfectly legitimate question, even though it's been asked before.

I'm sure BahrainLad would not have asked had he known - who knows, one day you might need to ask a BAEC question, and believe me, he knows plenty about that topic It's a forum to share....

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
            Because one does not know.

It's a perfectly legitimate question, even though it's been asked before.

I'm sure BahrainLad would not have asked had he known - who knows, one day you might need to ask a BAEC question, and believe me, he knows plenty about that topic It's a forum to share....
            Sorry not trying to be harsh with op, but i saw similar question in other forum.

I think I said on why people get confused. For not so frequent flyer they may not understand what code-share means. So they see SQ flight number and end up in MI flightand not able to clock point with no option to fly to that destination with SQ metal.

Really do not understand why SQ never bring MI into *A? Cost money?

Btw what is BAEC?
            visit my blog

Comment

Btw what is BAEC?
              British Airways Executive Club. An FFP which many of us need to be familiar with soon

Comment

British Airways Executive Club. An FFP which many of us need to be familiar with soon
                Pardon my ignorance but why "many of us need to be familiar with soon"?
                visit my blog

Comment

With MH joining soon, it may not be a bad thing for you

http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12034

Comment

Thanks for the replies everyone! I suppose I will just have to slum it in general departures. I have a Priority Pass, but I don't think there are any decent options in T2, other than some sort of restaurant that gives out free food to cardholders? Sounds odd in any case!

Interestingly, and this may be of use to some people - I booked the flights on SQ.com under the SQ codeshares. The exact same flights on SilkAir.com under the MI code were SG$200 more expensive! Worth remembering...SQ must have different fare buckets/inventory.

Oh and if anyone has any BAEC questions, just shout...!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BahrainLad View Post
                        Thanks for the replies everyone! I suppose I will just have to slum it in general departures. I have a Priority Pass, but I don't think there are any decent options in T2, other than some sort of restaurant that gives out free food to cardholders? Sounds odd in any case!
                        There are two PP lounge options in T2 and while I haven't used the The Green Market (there are a few reviews on here somewhere IIRC) I quite like (and do use) the Ambassador Transit Lounge for a change of scenery from the SKL, mainly because it's usually quiet and they have doors directly out to the outdoor garden area so you can keep nipping outside and back in again.

If you have time and can be bothered, the PP lounge in T1 - The Skyview Lounge, which CX use - is only a 10-15 minute walk away.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                          If you have time and can be bothered, the PP lounge in T1 - The Skyview Lounge, which CX use - is only a 10-15 minute walk away.
                          5-8 mins max if you time the Skytrain efficiently

Comment

I have been to both the PP options in T2 as well as the Skyview lounge in T1. Skyview has the best combination of views, food & beverages, and architecture. Also has showers.

The T2 Ambassador lounge is very quiet but the food offerings were not appealing to me.

The Green Market is much more of a restaurant than a lounge and is also in T2. It does not have restrooms or free alcohol but does serve breakfast until about 11am, and then a Japanese set menu for lunch/dinner the rest of the day. Nothing special about breakfast but they had some fruit selection that was better than the fruits in the SQ and Ambassador lounges.

If you have time, visit them all!

Comment

Working...
                            X