No announcement yet.

THAI Airbus A380 will come to SIN!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was in J on TG409 and have to say, the lack of any form of celebration is quite a let down.

Since it was my first time in J on TG I find it rather amusing that they don't address pax by name. Is this normal?

Comment

Hi guys,

Just completed my first part of my trip report. Some of you guys may find me familiar on board.

http://charlesryan77w.blogspot.sg/2012/10/my-thai-airways-a380-experience-on.html

Part 2

http://charlesryan77w.blogspot.sg/20...nce-on-tg.html
      Last edited by 9V-SKF; 13 October 2012, 12:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
        [...]

El Kapitan and myself sat together in 17E/F, and we observed that odd row numbers are great for couples who want to sit together in the middle rows, whilst even numbers are for those who want a bit more room. It IS very tight and cosy, but it is lie-flat.

Oh, and we have a new award for the quietest takeoff ever amongst all the A380 carriers. This thing is silent!!! Very conducive for sleeping, although still a dry cabin that could use more moisture. Side storage bins for window pax great as well.

[...]
        My SO and I also sat in 17E/F on our way back to SIN on 8 Oct. Kyo is spot on with his observations (as usual ). And it is a very nice way to fly for the two hours (minus the three IFE crashes/resets). Great for couples, but I am not sure I would be able to sleep comfortably. It is extremely quiet but I felt claustrophobic just lounging (did not try the bed mode). The seats open to the aisles would therefore be my choice if travelling alone. I have a similar issue with the LX J seats, though they provide a bit more room. But compared to SQ J, I just feel boxed in.
        /Desert Traveller

Comment

Hmm. A question for those who have already taken the flight:

I'll be in 19E/F with Mrs RCTP. Is the mini cabin towards the rear a good choice? Or should I just stick to my current seat assignments?

Comment

Originally posted by RCTP View Post
            Hmm. A question for those who have already taken the flight:

I'll be in 19E/F with Mrs RCTP. Is the mini cabin towards the rear a good choice? Or should I just stick to my current seat assignments?
            19E/F is good enough, the seats are so close together and about 1.5 feet away from the aisle, you two will surely have an intimate time.....

I wanted to swap seat with Kyo++'s SO during the flight as she had a window seat, but am still wondering why Kyo++ wanted to be seated so close to me......
            Last edited by kapitan; 12 October 2012, 12:31 AM.
            This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Did my OLCI last night. Can't do seat selection.... the seat map is not avail!!!

I just called TG at SIN, as I noticed my seat has been moved from 78B to 81B. I asked why there is seat reassignment. I was told they planned to close the Y class at upper deck, and later re-open it as tonight flight will be full.

So it means there is chance that they will close the upper deck Y section if there is not enough pax.... Just note for those who want to seat on upper deck Y.
              Last edited by lingua101; 12 October 2012, 04:49 PM.
              visit my blog

Comment

Wasn't available for the inaugural either...

Comment

Positioned to BKK on the whale jet last night. Have to say not too impressed with the product and the service (its's TG, what's new? ). IFE was not intuitive. Audio jack was already having current leakage. Seat recline kept jamming up while transitioning to couch potato mode.

Comment

just get another surprise when i checked in for my return flight tomorrow. My seat has been changed again from 80G to 47C!!

As I cannot change the seat on OLCI, I made a call to their contact center. The agent said there is no way for her to change the seat (then why they asked me to call??). I was upset and told her why my 80G (which is stated in my eTicket) was changed to 47C. She said she does not know and asked me to show to Check in counter. I told her no way, as I do not want later I was told there is no more upper deck seat. (The tone is not good, she keeps saying she does not know and it is not their problem, it is my problem. So I raised my tone to her as I am not happy!!!)

After I insisted the call was then transfer to more "senior" agent, which is more accommodating. Since she is more willing to help, I toned down, and I told her, I am willing to take any upper deck aisle seat but I want this to be guaranteed (as I am very sure I will be the last few pax who will checkin for this flight). She said she needs to talk to checkin agent, and they are not available now (I wonder, TG has flight all day right?? or they have to wait until the checkin in the airport open??) and she promised to call me once this is settle.

Oh yeah they insisted me to try to do OLCI again, and may be the seat map will be avail!!! I told them, I can bet with them, the seat map will not avail also tomorrow!!!

So my question, what happen if all the upper deck aisle seat has been assigned as Y class on TG409 is sold out for tomorrow?

Do I have a case here? as that seat assignment is clearly indicated in eTicket. Does TG have obligation to put me on the seat stated on the eTicket, assuming they are not closing the Y upper deck tomorrow? If really no upper deck seat avail, can I demand for Biz class, as I notice there are still seat in Biz class
                    Last edited by lingua101; 13 October 2012, 11:32 PM.
                    visit my blog

Comment

Good luck with that. Don't think they're obliged...

Comment

Ic. Thanks
                        visit my blog

Comment

You book Eco you get Eco. The rest is not guaranteed. Unless you purchase a premium seat like on SQ then you have to get "a" premium seat though not necessarily the one you reserved.

I'm also booked on TG410 in 67A (bulkhead) upper deck and I surely hope they will not close off that section and move me to some sucky seat on the lower deck in a row of 4 or so. But then you never know until you check in - this is TG

As far as the seat map goes, of course it doesn't pull up. Maybe they will get it sorted in a few weeks at best. Probably they are still trying to work out how to display the upper and lower deck in a seat map

Comment

Originally posted by demue View Post
                            You book Eco you get Eco. The rest is not guaranteed. Unless you purchase a premium seat like on SQ then you have to get "a" premium seat though not necessarily the one you reserved.

I'm also booked on TG410 in 67A (bulkhead) upper deck and I surely hope they will not close off that section and move me to some sucky seat on the lower deck in a row of 4 or so. But then you never know until you check in - this is TG

As far as the seat map goes, of course it doesn't pull up. Maybe they will get it sorted in a few weeks at best. Probably they are still trying to work out how to display the upper and lower deck in a seat map
                            Well.... I know..... But I did manage to get my seat back.... As yesterday flight was indeed very full. It was a chaos on the baggage area.... some of the priority bags come out very late, and even after non-priority bags. It is chaotic scenes...

Anyway, I feel that the upper deck economy is not really good. I felt that it is rather "bumpy". May be this is the fact it is on the rear of the aircraft. The only thing I like is 2-4-2 configuration, compare to 3-4-3 on the lower deck. think the upper deck economy seat .

Also the compartment on the side one is very tinny, so if many people bring their bags into the cabin, this can be tricky... Especially on weekend trip back from BKK.

If I will be on TG A380 economy I think I rather seat on the lower deck on the first section....

BTW, the tail camera is rather nice!!!

BTW, just curious for A380, is the star only at the end of the plane? What happen if for some reason the upper aerobridge cannot be used? Does this mean the first/biz class pax has to go down to the back of aircraft and take the stairs and walk all the way to deplane?
                            Last edited by lingua101; 15 October 2012, 12:25 PM.
                            visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
                              [...]

BTW, just curious for A380, is the star only at the end of the plane? What happen if for some reason the upper aerobridge cannot be used? Does this mean the first/biz class pax has to go down to the back of aircraft and take the stairs and walk all the way to deplane?
                              Nope, there are stairs at the front of the plane as well.
                              /Desert Traveller

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                                Good luck with that. Don't think they're obliged...
                                Yap, even on SQ. Seat can be reserved but is not 100%. The airline has a right to re-assign.
                                http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13075
                                Last edited by cscs1956; 17 October 2012, 11:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X