Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LH 747 get flat beds (in J)

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-0...our-years.html

Deutsche Lufthansa AG (LHA) will offer flat-bed seats in a brown and grey-themed business-class cabin designed to feel less clinical than the current version when it takes delivery of Boeing Co. (BA)’s new jumbo jet in coming months.

The 747-8 planes will be fitted with seats requiring 8 percent more space, according to Lufthansa’s latest employee newsletter, with the “warmer” colors giving more of a “living- room feel” than the existing blue and silver-dominated scheme.

Lufthansa has lagged behind competitors such as British Airways in offering flat-bed seating considered a major lure for corporate travelers. The Cologne-based company will also retrofit the rest of its long-haul fleet within three or four years, starting in a year’s time, according to the newsletter.
    Truly horizontal ?
    F all the way. Settle for J. Usually whY. Sigh.

Rumour has it that its similar to CX's new C seat...so could be totally wrong...

Comment

Apparently on the 748 it'll be 2-2-2 on the main deck and 1-2 on the UD...still rumour so don't believe me...

Comment

The mind boggles why they didn't do the refit when installing the new F and Y on the 747s. Seriously.

Wanting to keep the new C as a special feature to be introduced with the 748 is understandable to an extent, but not installing it on the 744s when F and Y were both ripped out and refitted is completely incomprehensible. They could have saved so much time and effort.

Comment

Four years to refit, that's hardly German efficiency? This will surely be a lot of fun in the next few years for business class passengers, and the "new C lottery".

Comment

Originally posted by stargold View Post
            The mind boggles why they didn't do the refit when installing the new F and Y on the 747s. Seriously.
            It's baffled me as well. I would have flown quite a lot of longhaul with LH if they had flat beds in J. If they are introducing them, however long it seems it will take them to do the fleet, it will probably swing me to M&M when DC has gone.

Comment

Wanting to keep the new C as a special feature to be introduced with the 748 is understandable to an extent, but not installing it on the 744s when F and Y were both ripped out and refitted is completely incomprehensible. They could have saved so much time and effort.
              And $$$. But this wouldn't be the first time we've seen a bonehead move by an airline. I'm telling you, most of us could run these companies...heck...in many instances, a monkey could!

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
              It's baffled me as well. I would have flown quite a lot of longhaul with LH if they had flat beds in J. If they are introducing them, however long it seems it will take them to do the fleet, it will probably swing me to M&M when DC has gone.
              Yup. Looking more and more the M&M way...
              HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                Rumour has it that its similar to CX's new C seat...so could be totally wrong...
                Funny, I heard a rumour that it would be similar to LX's C

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                Apparently on the 748 it'll be 2-2-2 on the main deck and 1-2 on the UD...still rumour so don't believe me...
                Surely UD will remain first class?

I believe that it just was not ready in time. Besides, many of the 744s will retired as the 748 and more A380s come online.

Comment

Working...
                X