Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General Question

Pardon my ignorance:

If the ANA Tool shows no availability, does it necessarily and actually mean no availability? ..or does SQ keep some for the own Krisflyer members?

Thanks.

Comment

More availability for KrisFlyer members (the ANA tool would more accurately reflect the availability for BD DC members, for example).
      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

thanks for the super quick reply jjpb3 and educating the redemption virgin like me. Ooh, that means I better call SQ for a certain 25K miles redemption. Oh yeah. Fingers crossed.

Comment

Resurrecting the old thread when business is slow.
          From this past 30 days, it seems BD DC availability was not following the NH availability tool. I have seen certain flights and routes available on NH availability tool, but when calling BD, it was not available. Is it my "unlucky" situation?

Comment

No, you've just encountered ICC shenanigans. I'd read out the flight numbers to them, and get them to book segment by segment. For instance, if you want to fly from Vancouver to Manchester on LH, don't say "I'd like to fly from Vancouver to Manchester", instead drip feed the segments "I'd like to fly Vancouver to Frankfurt on flight LHXXX", rinse and repeat for onward segments. IME this minimises a lot of "computer says no" issues.
            All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

And if at first you don't succeed, call back and call back again (until you get what you want or get frustrated and try again another day).

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                And if at first you don't succeed, call back and call back again (until you get what you want or get frustrated and try again another day).
                I have done that... but my guess would be it might be possible that many flyers trying to redeem awards which resulted in the frequent change in availability.

Comment

Don't forget BD currently blocks LH F from cash + miles awards. AFAIK they are still available for pure mileage awards though.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
                    Don't forget BD currently blocks LH F from cash + miles awards. AFAIK they are still available for pure mileage awards though.
                    Yes, the sad part of BD redemption - no more LH F.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
                      Yes, the sad part of BD redemption - no more LH F.
                      LH F is still available, but miles only. No more Cash+Miles.

Comment

Working...
                      X