Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The truth :

Were other pax annoyed?
    Yes. The french couple in front of me kept looking back and saw the Purser and said that is odd. They weren't annoyed exactly but they said this would never happen even on Air France!

What about the other cabin crew?
    Well, none were to be found as they were all hiding in the galley and when they did walk past, they walked past fast the sleeping Purser. Its as if they didn't see him.

Another Chinese woman in the adjacent row, turned round and looked at him and then looked back.

So yes, maybe I was the 'sensitive' one but I felt it was just completely unacceptable for a cabin crew to do that. Like I said, if he slept in the corner , without his jacket ie out of uniform, then its fine. But never never ever should he have just sat there. It was clearly not the crew seats.

Comment

After flying TG a few times throughout the past decade, I am not surprised at this type of behavior. TG purser is really a mixed bunch and TG F/As rushing through meal services is nothing new.

However I just found it bizarre that the purser would choose such a visible seat for resting. It looked so unprofessional even if it is permitted.

if TG wants to provide a crew rest, it can easily block the last row of the J cabin or add a curtain to a certain pair of seats. Delta blocks 1A for crew rest on its two-class transatlantic 757s, and it adds a curtain so the resting pilot will not be disturbed. TG can easily do it on the last pair of seats in the J cabin. It can just tied up the curtain, when the crew rest is not needed. (Same to SQ 777s, just add a curtain and rope off the section when it is used as crew rest. It will look professional and I am sure the F/As will appreciate the gestures.

Thanks for sharing but once again it is TG.

Carfield

Comment

It looks like the back of the cabin has no passengers.

They first thing I noticed is all the window shades are pulled closed on a day flight. Did he do that himself? If so, that in itself is annoying.

The people who keep complaining on Flyertalk seemed to be missing the point completely.

Comment

On advertisement, Thai cabin crew always look warm and friendly. But in real life, even when travelling on business they are very impatient and do not event smile. Understand that a lot of them are graduates with a "I'm too good to serve attitude". Typical of some of the lazy Thais
          Last edited by Singapore Guy; 21 December 2011, 09:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Singapore Guy View Post
            On advertisement, Thai cabin crew always look warm and friendly. But in real life, even when travelling on business they are very impatient and do not event smile. Understand that a lot of them are graduates with a "I'm too good to serve attitude". Typical Thais.
            To be fair, many other airlines' cabin crew can like that too. I find your "typical thais" remark rather unjustified.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
              To be fair, many other airlines' cabin crew can like that too. I find your "typical thais" remark rather unjustified.
              You are right - it should ready "typical of some of the lazy Thais"

Comment

Today my flight TG 407 BKK - SIN was delayed and biz cabin was marked empty. Rows and rows of empty seats.

I received very attentive service. The lady purser was extremely nice she greeted everyone.

My glass was never empty and always offered 2nds.

I give them a comment card saying Excellent!

As thai national, sad that TG has such poor reputation in this board. But there are many nice ones out there.

Comment

Originally posted by khanomjeen View Post
                  Today my flight TG 407 BKK - SIN was delayed and biz cabin was marked empty. Rows and rows of empty seats.

I received very attentive service. The lady purser was extremely nice she greeted everyone.

My glass was never empty and always offered 2nds.

I give them a comment card saying Excellent!

As thai national, sad that TG has such poor reputation in this board. But there are many nice ones out there.
                  Hi khanomjeen (again)

Today my friend was in TG401 (he spent the last two days with me in BKK this past weekend, and he was in the Business cabin, are you sure it was empty? (he's also an SQTalk-er)
                  Last edited by Kyo; 27 December 2011, 01:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                    Hi khanomjeen (again)

Today my friend was in TG401 (he spent the last two days with me in BKK this past weekend, and he was in the Business cabin, are you sure it was empty? (he's also an SQTalk-er)
                    What's all this secret rendezvousing in bkk? Mysterious ....

Comment

Whoops, TG407...

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                        How mysterious Weren't you privy to it

Whoops, TG407...
                        The taxi ride must have jolted your memory
                        But yeah there were only about 8-10 pax in the J cabin yesterday on TG407. Less than 1/5 full.

Comment

Originally posted by zander View Post
                          But yeah there were only about 8-10 pax in the J cabin yesterday on TG407. Less than 1/5 full.
                          And there he is!
                          Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                          Well, you know, some people don't bother with the Lounge Meets thread as they prefer to remain mysterious... aloof...

Comment

Hi khanomjeen (again)

Agree there are many nice Thai's around. I can comment as I have Thai colleagues and friends and as such can comment on what I have observed.

Comment

Hi khanomjeen (again)

I was on TG 401 in the business cabin on the 27th!, spent Christmas night on 55th floor of Centara, Boxing night at Wine ME Up in Thong Lo.... where were you?
                              This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

I flew back to SIN on the 26th on TG401, but I flew back to BKK last night (28th), will be here until next Monday night (02nd). Are you still around?

Comment

Working...
                                X