Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BMI - it's over. Thanks for the memories Pune/Donington/Keeley/Joanna!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
    I called today to cancel a booking and got an English lady not the Pune call centre.
    Calls could have been rerouted to Donnington Hall to handle the overflow.

Comment

• Virgin fight's back?

post deleted
      Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 05:03 AM.

Comment

• definitely PUNE on my 4 calls tonight. wanted SQ to Europe in BIZ ex-MEL but just couldnt find anything, so its TG once more, mel-bkk-lhr
        My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

• Originally posted by SQtraveller View Post
          Branson’s Virgin Atlantic Mulls Appeal on EU’s BMI Move
          http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-0...-bmi-move.html

I'm not sure anything is going to happen.

It would be good if they can keep it going until June so I can use my BMI gold on my May/June trip
          It wouldn't be good at all, as LH will not continute to prop BD up to the tune it is costing them daily and if this got delayed I would expect them to liquidate them, and there will go everyone's miles and bookings.

Comment

• The beared man has been renowned for making statements which have statements that are not fully followed through or have the opposite intention to what it is perceived to be.

There is no doubt this has been anticipated(BMI sent out prepared emails within 5 hours of public announcements.) but i *** think they have done enough to fulfil the domestic concerns. ie, over 50% of lhr slots controlled effectively by BA/IAG group.

Comment

• VS basically have lost out on feeder traffic as they will now have no choice but to use BA to feed to their flights from other points of the UK.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                It wouldn't be good at all, as LH will not continute to prop BD up to the tune it is costing them daily and if this got delayed I would expect them to liquidate them, and there will go everyone's miles and bookings.
                post deleted

Comment

• Just came across this on the LH M&M site.

bmi will be withdrawing from the Lufthansa association

Effective as of 19 April 2012, bmi will be withdrawing from the Lufthansa association; the Miles & More cooperation will also be mutually terminated as of this date.

As of that date earning miles on bmi flights will unfortunately no longer be possible. Until then the current terms shall apply.

Miles & More flight awards issued prior to this date can be used as planned on bmi flights.

Members may no longer take advantage of status-related benefits after the termination of the cooperation.

If you have any additional questions, please contact your Miles & More Service Center.
                  Source: bmi will be withdrawing from the Lufthansa association
                  /Desert Traveller

Comment

• Bye Bye BD You were the best FF program ever

Just burnt the last of them: 202.5K.

Comment

• Originally posted by Desert Traveller View Post
                      Just came across this on the LH M&M site.

Source: bmi will be withdrawing from the Lufthansa association
                      Has now been removed from the LH site
                      My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

• post deleted

Comment

• When making a booking today, when they finally answered the phone, they made a point of saying that after 19 April there can be no more bookings on LH/LH/SN/OS nor can any changes be made to exisiting bookings after this date.

Comment

• post deleted
                            Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 05:00 AM.

Comment

• Miles & More ends its cooperation with bmi

Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
                              Has now been removed from the LH site
                              And it's now back, slightly revised with a reference to status benefits. Only on the English site though, so might be removed again...

Miles & More ends its cooperation with bmi
                              11/04/2012

With effect from 19 April 2012, Miles & More’s cooperation with bmi will end by mutual agreement. This is the result of the sale of bmi to IAG and the consequent withdrawal of bmi from the Lufthansa Group.

As of that date earning miles on bmi flights will unfortunately no longer be possible. Until then the current terms shall apply.

Miles & More flight awards issued prior to this date can be used as planned on bmi flights.

Status-related benefits on bmi flights can still be used until 31 May 2012.

If you have any additional questions, please contact your Miles & More Service Center.
                              Source: Miles & More ends its cooperation with bmi
                              /Desert Traveller

Comment

• I have just a touch over 12k miles left and am toying with the idea of booking LHR-DME for 2 pax using Cash + Miles in Y later in the year (October maybe?) As this route is operated by BMI themselves, does anyone have an idea if this is now either possible or too risky?

Comment

Working...
                                X