Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BMI - it's over. Thanks for the memories Pune/Donington/Keeley/Joanna!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nickbot View Post
    Nice,...I'm only about +8,000
    Oh that's not my balance....

that's the price of a Z2-8 cash and miles F

Comment

post deleted
      Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 05:05 AM.

Comment

post deleted

Comment

Virgin demands 'outright' ban on BA bid for BMI

http://www.travelweekly.co.uk/Articl...d+for+bmi.html

Virgin Atlantic has called for outright prohibition of the bid for BMI by British Airways’ parent International Airlines Group in its submission to the European Competition Commissioner.
          Keep it going RB. Now, with the 20% bonus....hmmm....

Comment

UK OFT will not review the deal with BA/IAG

It's a step closer to the end...

The UK's Office of Fair Trading (OFT) has decided not to review BA-owner International Airline Group's (IAG) deal to buy BMI from Lufthansa.

The move means the decision on whether to approve the deal will remain with the European Commission.

In February, Virgin Atlantic lodged a formal complaint about the merger with the Commission, which automatically reviews large deals.

It has until 16 March to decide, although the deadline may be extended.
            http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-17258825

Comment

Since the European Commission basically doesn't really consider the UK to be in their best interest, unlike the Aegean / Olympic merger, this may be over ...

Comment

post deleted

Comment

Clearance from EC to take longer than expected?

http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/0f7fe...#axzz1ozmjK3x7

hmm.. there are some speculations on other forums tat LH will let BMI fold if things are being dragged.

Comment

Originally posted by slacker View Post
                    http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/0f7fe...#axzz1ozmjK3x7

hmm.. there are some speculations on other forums tat LH will let BMI fold if things are being dragged.
                    There is another article than the FT one which is a bit more informative and not quite as gloom & doom. http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-0...l-economy.html

However, if LH would pull the plug even redeemed & issued tickets will be worthless. Let's hope it doesn't come to this as I really wouldn't be keen to fight for getting my cash and taxes / surcharges returned in addition to loosing a bunch of hard earned miles.

Comment

• if the redeemed and issued ticket was on other airlines, it would still be valid, rite?

Comment

• Originally posted by ginkoka View Post
                        if the redeemed and issued ticket was on other airlines, it would still be valid, rite?
                        That's not quite correct:

The tickets you get through BMI are issued BY BMI and carry the 236- stock numbers.

In essence, say you booked on SQ, when the time comes to flying it, SQ will "take" the coupon and present it to BD for payment. (BD has taken and held on to your money since the day you booked it) - but if BD does not exist anymore when the time comes to fly, SQ won't get paid because there's no one to collect from.

Now, before you go panicking, this scenario is unlikely to happen - There is the potential that LH if not to create a huge mess and bad publicity, may underwrite these tickets.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                          In essence, say you booked on SQ, when the time comes to flying it, SQ will "take" the coupon and present it to BD for payment. (BD has taken and held on to your money since the day you booked it) - but if BD does not exist anymore when the time comes to fly, SQ won't get paid because there's no one to collect from.
                          Oh... thanks for the clarification. I had assumed (incorrectly, I guess) that if SQ issued the ticket now, BD would have to pay SQ right away.

Comment

• Originally posted by ginkoka View Post
                            Oh... thanks for the clarification. I had assumed (incorrectly, I guess) that if SQ issued the ticket now, BD would have to pay SQ right away.
                            BD issues the ticket, not SQ. SQ issued tickets start with 618.

All those BMI awards you've been flying on on SQ, (if you have) are BMI issued.
                            They're not SQ tickets.

Comment

• When airline ceases to exist, so do all tickets issued on their airline stock.

I had issued a RTW ticket once upon a time ago.. in 2000 I think on the then bargain RTW fare with SR/DL/SQ. It was something like US$2999 for F I think, ex-BUD. The ticket was issued on first outbound carrier which was on SR for the routing, BUD-ZRH-GVA-LAX-PDX-NRT-SIN-BKK-ZRH-BUD.

I had used the ticket up to LAX when SR went belly up. Even though LX eventually took over, all then SR issued tickets were deemed worthless. My paper ticket could not be used unless one of the partners SQ or DL reissued it on their document.

I had tried everything and DL refused to even look at it, and it was eventually SQ that reissued it provided that I give up flying on anyone else but them and they reissued the ticket as LAX-NRT-SIN-ZRH-BUD. It was hard but eventually it paid off with my numerous phone calls to SQ in LAX and pulling favours etc and they (SQ in LAX) instructed SQ in BKK (where I was at the time) to reissue the ticket. BKK office would not even touch the ticket before the autorisation came down.

So beware.. once BMI folds and their issuing plate ceases to exist... so do all their tickets, awards or revenue. Refunds may take weeks if not months to process. Or it may even be taken through to the courts as the airline clearing houses will not process any payments for the 236 issued tickets anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post
                                When airline ceases to exist, so do all tickets issued on their airline stock.

I had issued a RTW ticket once upon a time ago.. in 2000 I think on the then bargain RTW fare with SR/DL/SQ. It was something like US$2999 for F I think, ex-BUD. The ticket was issued on first outbound carrier which was on SR for the routing, BUD-ZRH-GVA-LAX-PDX-NRT-SIN-BKK-ZRH-BUD.

I had used the ticket up to LAX when SR went belly up. Even though LX eventually took over, all then SR issued tickets were deemed worthless. My paper ticket could not be used unless one of the partners SQ or DL reissued it on their document.

I had tried everything and DL refused to even look at it, and it was eventually SQ that reissued it provided that I give up flying on anyone else but them and they reissued the ticket as LAX-NRT-SIN-ZRH-BUD. It was hard but eventually it paid off with my numerous phone calls to SQ in LAX and pulling favours etc and they (SQ in LAX) instructed SQ in BKK (where I was at the time) to reissue the ticket. BKK office would not even touch the ticket before the autorisation came down.

So beware.. once BMI folds and their issuing plate ceases to exist... so do all their tickets, awards or revenue. Refunds may take weeks if not months to process. Or it may even be taken through to the courts as the airline clearing houses will not process any payments for the 236 issued tickets anymore.

Thanks for the pointer.. I really have no idea what to do.. I'm left with so many miles and so little time. Have a ticket booked for August but it's getting on my nerves

Comment

Working...
                                X