Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BMI - it's over. Thanks for the memories Pune/Donington/Keeley/Joanna!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For all those of you trying status matches: there's no point trying to match and get 6 *G at the same time, because in most cases, status matches are generally once a lifetime. Save them for when you REALLY need them. 6 gold cards will not get you 6 guests into lounges.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
      6 gold cards will not get you 6 guests into lounges.
      That's ok, I don't know 6 guests I'd like to bring into the lounge anyway...

Just burned my last 15k miles. Call centre was busy but efficient - routed to the UK. Is the Indian call centre gone for good?

Thanks for the memories, BD. RIP.

Comment

• Originally posted by demue View Post
        Yes it is, but you cancel and you loose 50% of your miles. And don't think about changes either. That's why I wil never put many miles in this program as long as those rules are in effect.

However, purely for matching *G it is not bad. Easy to requalify too (for now). Other reported being matched ot TK or SK quite regularly and some made an attempt with OZ. Anyone tried something else? How about SQ or TG Just kidding
        Success with TK and OZ? Ooh la la... wouldn't mind flirting with the Koreans

My dates for Far East travel are generally locked in (and even more so post-marriage), so that's a risk I'd take.

Can we change the thread title yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by milehighj View Post

Just burned my last 15k miles. Call centre was busy but efficient - routed to the UK. Is the Indian call centre gone for good?

Just done a booking with Pune. That will also probably be my last one. I still have another 150K left but I have already made plenty bookings just to burn miles up to next April and I am struggling to fit any more in. They will have to go to Avios and make friends with the 700,000+ of those I have.

A sad, sad day for sure. I have had an absolute ball with DC for the last few years, with some incredible bookings. Many of which will not be posted in public. . I have also been able to send family members on fabulous trips in J and F for peanuts, which to me has been the most satisfying. And to think it took me nearly a year to get the message through to a certain SQTalker about what he was missing out on.

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
          Can we change the thread title yet?
          Will do later. Any suggestions ?

Comment

• With two redemptions on SQ SIN-EWR, I have burned my last BD miles... It has been a great time and I will always keep a place in my heart for BMI :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
              Just done a booking with Pune. That will also probably be my last one. I still have another 150K left
              Mind sponsoring me on SQ22 and back?

Comment

• Applied for A3 to tide me over, hope that gets matched quickfast

Comment

• Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                  +1

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                  Just done a booking with Pune. That will also probably be my last one. I still have another 150K left but I have already made plenty bookings just to burn miles up to next April and I am struggling to fit any more in. They will have to go to Avios and make friends with the 700,000+ of those I have.

A sad, sad day for sure. I have had an absolute ball with DC for the last few years, with some incredible bookings. Many of which will not be posted in public. . I have also been able to send family members on fabulous trips in J and F for peanuts, which to me has been the most satisfying. And to think it took me nearly a year to get the message through to a certain SQTalker about what he was missing out on.
                  I considered using some of my ridiculous boatload of miles, but having the option in F on CX next month, though it will cost much more, won out. NH and OZ just haven't been coughing up the availability as of late.

I am very thankful to all the wonderful people on The Board who got me over to BD all those years ago. I will miss the 625% earnings and the (long gone) 3600 miles/Hertz rentals. Agreed that being able to fly family all over the world has been one of the greatest pleasures. The best FFP is now gone. I spent a month looking at all other programs. The most intriguing one so far has been TA's LifeMiles...

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                  Will do later. Any suggestions ?
                  Awesome title change!
                  HUGE AL

Comment

• Big mention also to Trupti. I'm sure many of you had the pleasure of talking to her - right up there with the best

Signed,

YO MAN
                    PAX

Comment

Big mention also to Trupti. I'm sure many of you had the pleasure of talking to her - right up there with the best

Signed,

YO MAN
                      PAX
                      I never had the pleasure of Trupti, but I'm glad to never be talking to Shital again...

She was 'all... erm.. shi*'

Comment

Signed,

YO MAN
                        PAX

Comment

Big mention also to Trupti. I'm sure many of you had the pleasure of talking to her - right up there with the best
                          TOTALLY! I've missed her since she moved departments.
                          HUGE AL

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyingDan View Post
                            Mind sponsoring me on SQ22 and back?
                            Sure. When do you want to book it ?

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                            I never had the pleasure of Trupti, but I'm glad to never be talking to Shital again...

She was 'all... erm.. shi*'
                            Never mind them, what about Dennis the Menace, the world's primary flight schedule expert:

Me 'Hello, I would like to make a one way Miles and Cash booking from Singapore to Manchester please'
                            DtM 'Sorry sir, there are no flights between Singapore and Manchester'
                            Me 'There are actually, on Singapore Airlines every day'
                            DtM 'No there aren't'
                            Me ' Are you sure about that'
                            DtM 'Absolutely positive, I have been doing this for a while now'
                            Me 'So the Singapore Airlines flight number SQ328 from Singapore to Manchester that I took less than 1 week ago was a figment of my imagination then'
                            DtM 'It must have been'

There are many more with our Dennis.....

Comment

• Oh i remember dennis the menace.

Not only is the foremost authority on schedules, he's a leading figure on geography as well...

DtM: So Kuala Lumpur to London you say? That's in Zone 9 to 1....
                              me: Erm no, it's in Zone 7
                              DtM: According to this list it's in Zone 9.
                              me: Okay, in that case i'd like to change the destination to Melbourne. Zone 9 to Zone 9 of course.
                              DtM: That's not possible. You'll need a connection in Singapore which is in Zone 7. I'll have to charge you for 2 tickets..
                              me: Hello? Hello? You seem to be breaking up!

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                                Sure. When do you want to book it ?
                                I'll send you my DeLorean, is that okay with you?

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                                Oh i remember dennis the menace.

Not only is the foremost authority on schedules, he's a leading figure on geography as well...

DtM: So Kuala Lumpur to London you say? That's in Zone 9 to 1....
                                me: Erm no, it's in Zone 7
                                DtM: According to this list it's in Zone 9.
                                me: Okay, in that case i'd like to change the destination to Melbourne. Zone 9 to Zone 9 of course.
                                DtM: That's not possible. You'll need a connection in Singapore which is in Zone 7. I'll have to charge you for 2 tickets..
                                me: Hello? Hello? You seem to be breaking up!
                                Had my fair share of this, too. Have had to call six times to get the flights I wanted (which showed available in EF) in the past. On my fifth try over a five hour time span, I was even connected to a supervisor which rudely told me: "Sir, you can keep calling, but the flights won't magically appear".
                                Last edited by FlyingDan; 3 June 2012, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X