No announcement yet.

Thai ROP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With my last flights, have now clocked more then 100k miles on this ROP account within this year, since Feb when I started clocking into here.....

Now waiting for them to inform me about giving me a second free upgrade...
    This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Just how is their iPhone app?
      HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
        Just how is their iPhone app?
        Actually quite good, information required are all there.

Comment

Thai Airways offers London restaurant discounts

The carrier has launched a “Deliciously Fly Thai” promotion, offering Royal Orchid Plus frequent flyer members up to 20 per cent off meals at Thai restaurants in London.

http://www.businesstraveller.com/new...rant-discounts

Comment

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
            Actually quite good, information required are all there.
            Wonder if the iPad version should be able to login to rop account. Only show static info. Any clue? IPad idiot here
            visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
              Wonder if the iPad version should be able to login to rop account. Only show static info. Any clue? IPad idiot here
              yes, you could log into your ROP account with the iPad version of the App, must be connected to wifi or 3G, of course.

Comment

yes, you could log into your ROP account with the iPad version of the App, must be connected to wifi or 3G, of course.
                I am connected to wifi as I am posting this from my iPad. But did not see anything that I van enter my account
                visit my blog

Comment

I had one of the best flight with TG yesterday, Valentines night...... it was TG 925 MUC to BKK, when I boarded the flight, was on upp deck row 16, when I arrive at the head of the stairs, FA took my BP and asked how to pronounce my name, then she showed me to my seat, and at my seat was laid out the magazines the FA thought I would like to read. After that she proceeded to put a heart sticker on my shirt,

I was apparently singled out to be shown extra love on the flight...... hahhaha... ok, maybe because I am ROP *G,.... none of the rest of the pax in the cabin were given the priority treatment, first meal choice, served first in every meal and drinks etc etc..... asking if I need any thing every a FA walk past ...... it was one of the best I had from TG .......

Comment

I was apparently singled out to be shown extra love on the flight...... hahhaha... ok, maybe because I am ROP *G,.... none of the rest of the pax in the cabin were given the priority treatment, first meal choice, served first in every meal and drinks etc etc..... asking if I need any thing every a FA walk past ...... it was one of the best I had from TG .......
                    Love is in the Air (literally). Too bad, she didn't give you a kiss on the cheek; or did she?

On a serious note, I'm flying SIN-BKK-KBV return this Saturday. First time taking JCL on Thai Airways and quite excited!

Comment

Push them for an answer to the Platinum qualification..... ok, I only qualified as ROP Gold in August last year...... so not qualified to be Plat yet....

"Dear Mr. kapitan,

Royal Orchid Plus Platinum status, the new elite tier, is reserved exclusively for THAI’s most loyal and best customers who fly very frequently in Royal First Class and Royal Silk Class.

Eligible Platinum members must accrue 80,000 base miles in each evaluation period. Base miles are miles flown plus bonus miles from class of service from travelling on THAI Royal First Class and Royal Silk Class.

Our systems evaluate Platinum status for two consecutive periods in which each valuation period contains 12 consecutive months on a rolling basis.

Evaluation As Of: 2012-07-04 Your qualifying miles on THAI business and first class
                      Period 1: Jul.10-Jun.11 31,148
                      Period 2: Jul.11-Jun.12 151,086

As your first evaluation period did not meet 80,000 qualifying miles, so at this moment, we sincerely regret that we could not upgrade your membership to Platinum at this time.

Should your travel frequency on THAI Royal Silk and First class increase on a consistent basis qualification for Platinum status would certainly be in reach. We continue to look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you onboard THAI as valued Gold status members, and in the future extending an invitation to Platinum."

Well, even though I have exceeded their required mileage of 160k, but first period I did not meet the 80k qualifying, but they should at least consider my second qualification period, but then rules are rules... must see if my Thai friend can knock on some doors.... the only reason why eager to get Plat is access to F lounge in BKK, then don't have to walk all the way down to dingy smoking room...

Comment

It'd be interesting also if you had hit 160k in the 2nd period, there'd be some sort of side argument there, perhaps. I wish you all the best to TG*P. Make sure to guest

Comment

One more thing, I've got the second GUP (gold upgrade), which is awarded (free), everytime you re-qualify or hit 50k miles in the second year of *G validity.....

Dear Mr. kapitan*,

In your account NJxxxxx , kindly be informed that your present Royal Orchid Plus gold card*is effective from 24Aug 2011-31Aug 2013 .

And since*you*are able to complete 50,000 qualifying miles in the year 2012 , kindly be informed that ,you now have 1 gold upgrade( which is your second gold upgrade) that has to be used (to upgrade your TG ticket) within* 31August 2013* .****

Also , after your present gold card expires , please kindly be informed that you are already able to continue your gold status for another 2 years .*

Yours sincerely ,
                          Annette C
                          Member Service Department
                          Royal Orchid Plus*

So, waiting to redeem this upgrade on the new TG A380....... and I will continue to be a *G for the next 3 years.......

Comment

TG has new amenity kit for J Class, outbound from BBK, Porsche Design pouch, which is actually quite nice....

Comment

saw that yesterday and took one home. I notice ear plugs are included when they were not before.
                              My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Are they giving those out even to SIN?

Comment

Working...
                                X