TG asked to 'please explain'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TG asked to 'please explain'

Seems the ATSB aren't just picking on TT in Melbourne..

http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news...#ixzz1TGfHQ1RC

Not sure what's more interesting about this article though, the fact that the media got the aircraft correct or the fact that they went to even 'greater' lengths to even obtain TG's Boieng customer number in naming said aircraft

What's more SHOCKING to me, is the fact the the news site even got the Boeing Customer code for TG right (D7)!

Of course they'll just go blow my kudos out of the water by later calling the 777-3D7 a jumbo jet... and the stereotype of news sites not being able to get the types of planes right will continue

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
      What's more SHOCKING to me, is the fact the the news site even got the Boeing Customer code for TG right (D7)!
      It seriously has to be a first for the media to have gone so in depth in the naming of aircraft..

A result of recent goings on in a certain parliamentary commitee meeting regarding a certain media company and it's 'accurate' reporting of goings on?

Comment

well, one of the reason Tiger Airways been banned is also because flying too low (to MEL) also right?

Is there something not right? why 2 different airlines can violate this minimal flying level?
        visit my blog

Comment

It's not the first time for TG, either.

http://www.atsb.gov.au/publications/...-2007-055.aspx

Be interesting to see what the cause was this time.

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
            well, one of the reason Tiger Airways been banned is also because flying too low (to MEL) also right?

Is there something not right? why 2 different airlines can violate this minimal flying level?
            Why can't they? People do make mistakes
            My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
              Why can't they? People do make mistakes
              of course they can.. but when "too often" this mistake is made (at the same place MEL), should it be looked again why this happen "too often"???

why not happen in SYD but MEL?
              visit my blog

Comment

It's a non-precision approach into a major airport which is, frankly, in 2011 crazy in a 'developed' nation.

Comment

Originally posted by mr_botak View Post
                  It's a non-precision approach into a major airport which is, frankly, in 2011 crazy in a 'developed' nation.
                  I believe the 2007 NDB approach was due to the ILS being out of action for some reason or another - I think it is mentioned in the report however last time I looked through it was a while back so I can't quite remember.

I do agree Australia has been quite backwards with ILS systems, I don't think runway 34 (used in the most recent incident) even has one, only runway 27 and 16 at YMML.
                  My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Working...
                  X