Qantas First Class 744 (op up)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qantas First Class 744 (op up)

I had booked myself on QF32 LHR SIN some time before the Singapore VH-OQA incident and originally this flight was a A388 flight. But I had to settle for B744 both ways as only 2 flights per week are back to A388.

I had recently just lost my QF Gold and am now only QF Silver. So I did not expect any Op Up from QF since I would expect Gold and Plat to be considered first.

Anyway, I get to LHR, and during check in, the asked which seat I wanted. I thought it was strange since I had already selected the seat. They then told me "you have been upgraded to First". The ground person in charge of the flight check in then came around to let me know and I had a chat on how she selected a QF Silver like me. The answer was that she does not just consider QFF Status but also other factors like ticket value etc....

(Since becoming TPP I have never got any upgrade from SQ.)

Anyway, how is QF First in B744.. Well, service is up to the mark, but the seat is sadly no bigger than the new C Class seat in the A388..... and definitely a bit narrower and less plush looking than the SQ B744 F product.

Can't complain though, since it is better than the C Class seats in the QF 744..

Congrats on the op up!
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Working...
    X