X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats, CGK.
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Thank you! Can't wait for my CX flight soon!

Comment

CGK, congrats too and I'll know you'll succeed. Will you be going for Gold?

Comment

Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
          CGK, congrats too and I'll know you'll succeed. Will you be going for Gold?
          Unfortunately, will be too difficult to reach 1500 tier points for gold.

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
            Unfortunately, will be too difficult to reach 1500 tier points for gold.
            Should it be 800 tier points as you are not UK based? Not sure if you can earn tier points flying with Traitor Air.

Comment

Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
              Should it be 800 tier points as you are not UK based? Not sure if you can earn tier points flying with Traitor Air.
              I made the same mistake before. The Eurocheat levels only apply to those who've registered in Europe and not the UK/US/Canada.

Of course you can earn tier points by flying with Traitor Air!

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                The Eurocheat levels only apply to those who've registered in Europe and not the UK/US/Canada.
                I think residents of Ireland don't get Eurocheat either.
                All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                  I think residents of Ireland don't get Eurocheat either.
                  In the BA world, Ireland is domestic so of course not eligible for Eurocheat levels. You can add Asia to your list of non-Eurocheat regions, jhm.
                  ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Of course you can earn tier points by flying with Traitor Air!
                    Go Green.

Comment

TP Run in Europe

Dear BA Experts,

Would you share the suggestions for a run in Europe? Will be able to start from ZRH or LHR. Any possibility?

Thank you.

Comment

From ZRH, I'd try LGW (which should be cheaper than LHR) - currently around £200 for an I-class return I think ? The BA Terraces at LGW is quite pleasant and GEX to London (Victoria) only takes 30 mins (every 15 mins).

From LHR/LGW, have a look here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=708602

If you have visa issues, LGW-JER might be a possibility for a day trip for lunch (or even a turnaround). The calculator on ba.com is wrong - you do get 80 tier points for a CE return.

Comment

Any specials I fares ex-Europe for this December and January? XXX to YVR perhaps?

Comment

CGK, i think it depends on what u consider "special"
                            btw, MXP to YVR r/t is available in C/J (bk class: I) at 2199+++, which seems pretty good to me (not the best one, btw).
                            If u r interested, ticket max stay is 1 yr, 21 days AP, Fare basis : IRCEUR.
                            Last edited by LukeGT; 20 December 2007, 12:02 AM.
                            There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
                            If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

If you have visa issues, LGW-JER might be a possibility for a day trip for lunch (or even a turnaround). The calculator on ba.com is wrong - you do get 80 tier points for a CE return.
                              I just did this yesterday for a day out. An I-class return is about £200 but you have to book in advance.

It's a 35-minute flight and quite picturesque during the daytime. We only flew at 16,000 feet so could see the green fields of England pass below us and then flying over the Isle of Wight, pass the coast of France on the left and finally arrival in Jersey.

Jersey is about 14 miles off the coast of France and 100 miles south of the English mainland. Whilst it's a British Crown dependency (so that the UK is responsible for its defence), Jersey is not part of the UK nor part of the EU. It has its own government and legal and tax systems, e.g. no VAT! However, it's part of the Common Travel Area (CTA) with the UK so there's no need to pass through immigration when going from Jersey to the UK or vice versa. Jersey uses the same currency as the UK. And everything feel reassuringly British - the same language spoken, mostly the same shops etc.

The airport is small and located in the parish of St Peters - about 20-30 minutes from the capital, St Helier (about £10 by taxi or £1.50 by bus). There's a small BA Terraces (J) lounge at the airport which - for the 1-2 hours was there - was totally empty, i.e. not even a lounge dragon!

The incoming BA flight parks at the gate next to the lounge (you can see it arrive out of the window) and there's a connecting door directly from the lounge to the gate area. As soon as the flight showed boarding on the monitor in the lounge (no annoucements as no lounge dragon!), I went through and was the last to board, the door shut and off we went!

Of the flights (on 737s) I took, the o/b wasn't full at all (about 5-6 in J) and coming back, it was even emptier - 1 in J and 9 in Y. Although I didn't eat at all, you do get offered a salad in CE (presumably similar to what you get on CDG).

On arrival back in LGW, they had a problem with the door which meant that all the pax (all 10 of us that is!) were stuck in the airlock between the bridge and the terminal. What was ridiculous (and amusing) was that the door was - I believe - the one which CTA (see above) pax had to go through; there was another door which was working and which the BA/BAA staff were going through but we were not allowed to go through that door even though it ended up in the same place! We were told that it's a HMRC (Customs) requirement and that if they allowed us to go through that door to the same place (i.e. baggage reclaim), they'd lose their airport passes and their jobs! So we were stuck for about 20 minutes whilst about 7 or 8 BA/BAA staff were walking in and out of the airlock before they finally managed to get the door open so we could escape!

Comment

Just to mention also that if you take the Gatwick Express (GEX) from London Victoria train station to LGW (takes about 30 minutes; trains every 15 minutes), you should buy a day return (£17.10; or £30 for the first carraiges) and there are often discount codes available to reduce the cost (however, you have to book in advance as I don't think you can do that on the day of travel).

Comment

Working...
                                X