No announcement yet.

Qantas A380 and 747-400 emergency landings at Changi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another uncontained engine failure?? They gonna ground the 747 now?

Comment

Originally posted by boing View Post
      Come to think of it, Airbus prayers have been answered It really received too much media attention.
      It was easy to just blame on Airbus.
      Now they are saying that it's "unrelated". But both were engine problems (though different models)! My take is that maintainance is the REAL issue.

Comment

Singapore is QF's busiest international airport after Sydney!

Comment

Now Boeing is also involved huh Is it me or are QF's flights from SIN hexed ?

Comment

Well they say all bad things happen in three's... So what's next?

Wonder if the betting agencies have a tote running yet

Comment

Interesting that they are blaming (or at least trying to) RR for the 744 incident. I mean those birds have been flying with RR engines for some time now without much problems. Makes one wonder what the real issue with QF is? Many have been blaming the fact that QF have outsourced their maintenance works (was it to a Malaysian conpany or somthing like that?) but I am not sure how true that is.
              God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
                Saw on the, one of the pax walked passed the media and shouted, "give me a Boeing Anytime."
                Wonder what he/she will be saying now? "Give me a Fokker anytime because them Fokkers do fly!!"
                God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Shouldn't we change the title of this thread to "Qantas A380 AND 747-400 emergency landingS at Changi"?

Comment

Aircraft involved this time is VH-OJD, a Boeing 747-438 (non-ER).

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
                      Many have been blaming the fact that QF have outsourced their maintenance works (was it to a Malaysian conpany or somthing like that?) but I am not sure how true that is.
                      The A380 involved, VH-OQA just returned from maintenance in FRA on October 7. I read that the maintenance is done by Lufthansa Technik (can anyone confirm this?).

Comment

I believe it was C checked there.

Comment

THIRD Qantas incident.....

Originally posted by Gunnar Smithsen View Post
                          Well they say all bad things happen in three's... So what's next?
                          Here you go!

http://blogs.crikey.com.au/planetalk...ing-headlines/

Qantas QF29, a Boeing 747-400 powered by Rolls-Royce RB211 engines, had warning lights illuminated in the flight deck regarding a hydraulic malfunction. (Hydraulic systems are powered by engine-driven pumps). QF29 landed in LHR and was met with emergency equipment.
                          Such a gentle way about you / All around the world / Wouldn't go away without you / Singapore Girl, you're a great way to fly

Comment

Read the last paragraph of this article:

http://www.theage.com.au/travel/trav...107-17ijt.html

"In a strange turn of events, Captain Champion de Crespigny, who has been hailed a hero, was a passenger on the Boeing flight that was also turned back"

Seems to me that the poor skipper's having a hard time getting out of Singapore........

Comment

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...e-trouble.html

According to this article, the Captain's name is Richard de Crespigny! Confusing

Apparently, the pax on the A380 blowout flight were in the 747 engine failure flight too! I wonder how they must have felt going through two engine failures on two flights in less than two days!
                              Such a gentle way about you / All around the world / Wouldn't go away without you / Singapore Girl, you're a great way to fly

Comment

His name is Richard Champion de Crespigny. The Daily Hate Mail gets things wrong? Never been known to happen!

Originally posted by Aulia Harun View Post
                                Apparently, the pax on the A380 blowout flight were in the 747 engine failure flight too! I wonder how they must have felt going through two engine failures on two flights in less than two days!
                                Most of the A380 crew were also paxing on the 747 that had to turn back. The poor things must feel so jinxed.
                                All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Working...
                                X