No announcement yet.

Qantas A380 and 747-400 emergency landings at Changi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

News here reporting another QF bird has returned to Changi with engine problems. Is this the usual alarmist follow on stuff or is there another problem ?

Comment

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...l/7280829.html

Qantas 747 lands in Singapore after engine trouble
      © 2010 The Associated Press

SINGAPORE — A Qantas Boeing 747 with 431 people on board returned to Singapore with an engine problem shortly after takeoff Friday, a local TV station reported.

Channel News Asia quoted Qantas as saying that flight QF6 operating from Singapore to Sydney "experienced an issue with its number 1 engine" shortly after takeoff.

Qantas added that as a precaution, the captain of the jumbo jet sought priority clearance to return to Singapore, CNA reported. The aircraft landed safely, it said.

Comment

Latest - Another Qantas jet , this time a 747 experienced engine problem after departing from Singapore friday evening operating as QF6 from Singapore to Sydney

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...091628/1/.html

Comment

Another emergency landing

http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking...ry_599812.html
          Have you checked your blind spot lately?

Comment

Seriously a bad week in awful year for QF - presumably all co-incidence. i wonder if any of yesterday's passengers were aboard?

Comment

Looks like Qantas is on course to operate domestic flights in Singapore, SIN-SIN

Comment

Wonder who they'll blame this time. Ah I know - it's the little green men from mars! I swear.... they've been nibbling away at the engines!

Comment

The haze is quite bad this year ? Didn't BA9 have a little similar problem ?

Comment

Originally posted by zilchster View Post
                    Looks like Qantas is on course to operate domestic flights in Singapore, SIN-SIN
                    I'll admit. I LOL-ed!

Bet Qantas can't wait for 2011 to begin...

Comment

A netters are really making fun of Qantas...

One wrote too bad QF doesn't have B777s...they could blow up the Trent 800 too.

Kangaroos are allergic to Singapore all of a sudden...

I wonder if the politicians will suddenly point towards Singapore and accuse Singapore for the woes of Qantas...after all SG has been getting flak over the SGX-ASX merger.

Comment

Saw on the, one of the pax walked passed the media and shouted, "give me a Boeing Anytime."
                        Sure will like to see this pax's reaction if he was onboard the latest 747 that made the ATB

Qantas flights out of SIN are becoming like boomerangs now
                        Last edited by boing; 6 November 2010, 01:29 AM.

Comment

Qantas 747 lands in Singapore after engine trouble
                          © 2010 The Associated Press
                          Come to think of it, Airbus prayers have been answered It really received too much media attention.

Comment

Qantas 747 makes emergency landing in SIN one day after QF A380 blowout

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-1...cial-says.html

Both were flights from SIN to SYD.
                            Both intended to fly over Indonesia (where the volcano erupted).
                            Both had engines manufactured by Rolls-Royce (assuming the 747 is a non-ER version).

Hmmmm.....?
                            Such a gentle way about you / All around the world / Wouldn't go away without you / Singapore Girl, you're a great way to fly

Comment

Given QF's run of bad press and ongoing issues whether material failure, design flaws, poor maintenance...whatever....
                              Occams razor applies.
                              So much, for one airline, across more than one aircraft.....
                              if it walks like a duck, looks like a duck and quacks like a duck......must be an Argentinian Racing Pigeon, right?
                              If God had really intended men to fly, he'd make it easier to get to the airport.

Comment

Someone at another forum say QF should really offer a special route of SIN to SIN with SIN to SYD ticket free.

Comment

Working...
                                X