AA/BA/IB changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AA/BA/IB changes

Got an email from AAdvantage. The ability to use AA miles to upgrade on BA and IB flights is a nice surprise.

American Airlines, British Airways and Iberia are now making the oneworld® Alliance even better by bringing you more flights, more convenience, and more opportunities to earn and redeem frequent flyer miles for your transatlantic travel. There has never been a better time to be an AAdvantage® member. Beginning October 1, 2010, you will be able to enjoy more rewards and privileges across all three airlines.

* More Ways to Earn Miles
    AAdvantage members can now earn AAdvantage miles on all American Airlines, British Airways and Iberia flights.* And the miles earned for flights on all three airlines count toward elite status qualification.

In addition, when you fly discount economy fares on any British Airways flight or any Iberia transatlantic flight, you will now earn 100% of the base miles flown — just like when you fly on American.

Plus, AAdvantage Executive Platinum® and AAdvantage Platinum® members will now earn their elite status bonus miles for all of their travel on British Airways. View the details on more ways to earn miles.

* More Flights For Award Travel
    Your miles can be redeemed for all flights on American Airlines, British Airways and Iberia.* The three carriers' combined route network serves over 400 destinations in more than 100 countries, to give you more convenient schedule options when you are ready to claim a well-deserved award.

* More Premium Privileges
    The new, expanded relationship will also bring you more opportunities to use miles to upgrade, and continue the reciprocal lounge access for transatlantic customers flying in First Class or Business Class, as well as oneworld Emerald® and oneworld Sapphire® status members. For complete details about upgrades and lounge privileges go to www.aa.com/upgrade and www.aa.com/loungeaccess.

As an AAdvantage member, over time you will see more benefits as we continue to work with oneworld airlines to collectively enhance our product offerings and network.

For more details, visit www.aa.com/nowmore.
    As i understand, the BA and IB FFPs have also been updated correspondingly.
    Last edited by KeithMEL; 3 October 2010, 05:04 PM.
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

AA Lifetime Gold & Platinum

Hey KeithMEL, what's your take on these benefits? Grumblings from the rubes on TOF are that they are going by the wayside.
    HUGE AL

Comment

I have not looked at them in detail. I was away all weekend and the first time I learnt about the changes was from an AFFer at the QF lounge in Devanport Airport this afternoon. On surface they sound pretty good, though I gather that there may be some grumbling over the expanded upgrade ability when upgrades on certain flights can be very scarce. Will go sift through the posts on FT when I have time.

edit: Ahh, just noticed that AA Golds aren't getting the mileage bonus on BA flights unlike Plats and EXPs. I suspect this is due to BAEC not having a oneworld Ruby tier, and thus there are no mileage bonuses for BA to reciprocate for AA Rubies.
      Last edited by KeithMEL; 3 October 2010, 05:43 PM.
      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
        edit: Ahh, just noticed that AA Golds aren't getting the mileage bonus on BA flights unlike Plats and EXPs. I suspect this is due to BAEC not having a oneworld Ruby tier, and thus there are no mileage bonuses for BA to reciprocate for AA Rubies.
        Perhaps its time for BA to have a Ruby level... maybe even calling it Blue-Plus or something like that.

Comment

New routes:
          http://aa.mediaroom.com/index.php?s=43&item=3035

JFK-BUD, ORD-HEL (AA)
          LHR-SAN (BA)
          MAD-LAX (IB)

Comment

Working...
          X