MH short-haul, worth the extra for J?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MH short-haul, worth the extra for J?

I have to do a quick 24-hour work trip to Langkawi. MI doesn't fly daily, AK is full on the required date, so the only flight timings which work are MH. It's a one-stopper SIN-PEN-LGK on a 734.

Any thoughts on whether it's worth the extra SGD200-ish for J over Y?

MAN Flyer, I found your 2005 thread on TOF about no booze on MH "domestic" in all classes. Is this still the case, and does it apply to SIN-PEN-LGK, vv.??

On their 734s, I wouldn't spend that money

Comment

yes agreed that its not worth to spend extra for J class on MH's 734. Alternatively u can try ak from sin-kul- lgk altho transit takes a longer time.

Comment

Not worth it... it wasn't worth it when even comparing with MH domestic F 2 yrs back on the SIN-PEN segment... definitely not for $200 just to get a teh tarik... this is only J and you don't even get KUL lounge access to boot...

Comment

And the verdict is?

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
            I have to do a quick 24-hour work trip to Langkawi. MI doesn't fly daily, AK is full on the required date, so the only flight timings which work are MH. It's a one-stopper SIN-PEN-LGK on a 734.

Any thoughts on whether it's worth the extra SGD200-ish for J over Y?

MAN Flyer, I found your 2005 thread on TOF about no booze on MH "domestic" in all classes. Is this still the case, and does it apply to SIN-PEN-LGK, vv.??
            Sorry I missed this one!. It's still the same AFAIK, and SIN was conveniently classed as domestic to bring it under the cover for the booze ban. Last time I flew MH on SIN-BKI (admittedly a couple of years ago now..) there was no booze. I wouldn't spend an extra SGD 200 myself.

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
            this is only J and you don't even get KUL lounge access to boot...
            The flight is via PEN not KUL so why would they get lounge access in KUL ?.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
              The flight is via PEN not KUL so why would they get lounge access in KUL ?.
              Precisely my point! (my original comment probably came across in a different way)... The ticket wouldn't even be routed via KUL, so why spend that sort of dough and not even experience their flagship lounge?

Comment

Take it from me: Waste of money. My company books us into full Y domestically which means a token amount to upgrade (in some cases, especially with the recently removed E fare -which sits you in J, you could end up with a refund).

I took up the offer probably only 30 or 40 times, when I was a lot younger. Wasted countless hours standing at the ticket counter waiting for it to be reissued (those that I upgraded last minute as opposed to getting the TA to do it)

Then I realized it really wasn't worth it - a wider seat and a cold meal was all you got, no lounge in KBR. (I had lounge access in KUL anyway as MH *G)

So I decided to spend it on shoes instead. Much more enjoy the shoes I can tell you

Comment

Thank you all for your input.

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                  And the verdict is?
                  And the verdict is:

SIN-PEN-LGK was less than 50% in Y, and I had no regrets sitting there.

LGK-PEN-SIN (to be specific, the PEN-SIN sector) was well above 90%, I had a smelly fat guy in the middle seat next to me, and I would have given up way more than a new pair of shoes to be sitting up in J...

On another note: I stayed at the Westin, and was pleased to be able to use the Westin "lounge" at LGK departures. (Drinks, food and internet extra... And accessible to non-Westin guests for all of RM10, IIRC...)

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                    LGK-PEN-SIN (to be specific, the PEN-SIN sector) was well above 90%, I had a smelly fat guy in the middle seat next to me, and I would have given up way more than a new pair of shoes to be sitting up in J...
                    HUGE AL

Comment

Working...
                    X