Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New airline for Skyteam

China Airlines joins Skyteam.

What does this do for them (Skyteam/China Airlines).

http://www.skyteam.com/news/headlines/20100914.html

ScaryTeam just got Scarier!
    HUGE AL

Comment

After CI, GA is expected to be the next one announced before the year end according to the following link.

http://www.flightglobal.com/articles...m-partner.html

Comment

Interesting topic.. I sense there will be some serious competition between SkyTeam and Star Alliance in the years to come...

So GA is planning on joining them too huh? Why am I not surprised..
        They've got some really big ambitions.
        Such a gentle way about you / All around the world / Wouldn't go away without you / Singapore Girl, you're a great way to fly

Comment

Originally posted by Aulia Harun View Post
          I sense there will be some serious competition between SkyTeam and Star Alliance in the years to come...
          HUGE AL

Comment

Aerolineas Argentinas will join SkyTeam

By Mary Jane Credeur, Rodrigo Orihuela and Steve Rothwell
            Sept. 21 (Bloomberg) -- Aerolineas Argentinas SA, South America’s fifth-biggest airline, will next month join the SkyTeam alliance led by Delta Air Lines Inc. and Air France-KLM Group, according to two people with knowledge of the agreement.

The state-owned company, based in Buenos Aires, will sign an accord to join SkyTeam as soon as the final week of October, said one of the people, who declined to be identified because the decision hasn’t been made public.

Adding Aerolineas would help SkyTeam vie with rival group Oneworld, whose Lan Airlines SA of Chile is buying Brazil’s Tam SA and which dominates long-haul flights to South America through American Airlines and Iberia Lineas Aereas de Espana SA of Spain. The Star alliance hasn’t had a local member since Brazil’s bankruptcy-threatened Varig was expelled in 2007.

“We’ve been in talks with SkyTeam and Star and I think SkyTeam are the strongest,” Max Campos, Aerolineas’s sales manager in London, said in a telephone interview, adding that he couldn’t confirm whether or not a deal had been done.

Daniel Mendez, an Aerolineas Argentinas spokesman, declined to comment when contacted by telephone. Mariano Recalde, the company’s president, did not immediately return a message left on his mobile phone seeking a response. Delta has no comment on potential alliance activity, spokesman Trebor Banstetter said.

The Argentine government took over Aerolineas from Spain’s Grupo Marsans in 2009. The company and sister carrier Austral operate domestic routes and international flights to cities including Sao Paulo, Miami, Paris, Madrid and Sydney.

SkyTeam’s Amsterdam-based spokeswoman Marisca Kensenhuis said the alliance never discloses potential new members until an agreement is signed.

--Editors: Chris Jasper, Kenneth Wong.

Comment

After announcing its intention to revamp and align its frequent flyer program to Skyteam in its new membership guide on Oct 10, 2010, Garuda has now officially announced that it will enter into an agreement to join Skyteam on Nov. 23rd in Jakarta as per this article on The Jakarta Post.

Comment

Originally posted by UMD View Post
                After announcing its intention to revamp and align its frequent flyer program to Skyteam in its new membership guide on Oct 10, 2010, Garuda has now officially announced that it will enter into an agreement to join Skyteam on Nov. 23rd in Jakarta as per this article on The Jakarta Post.
                memebership guide in bahasa indonesia only?
                ________
                LAUNCH BOX
                Last edited by j.lin; 13 March 2011, 11:37 AM.

Comment

In my opinion, I don't see how SkyTeam will challenge Star Alliance. *A is much better off with many a class above airlines in it.

Comment

The good news (for SkyTeam) is that we have China Southern. I won't fly any other mainland Chinese airline. But I wish SkyTeam could get JAL or Cathay, especially now that the DL partnership with SQ has ended, although KE isn't bad.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
                      In my opinion, I don't see how SkyTeam will challenge Star Alliance. *A is much better off with many a class above airlines in it.
                      + 1 ...............................

*A considerably owns 4 continents with its member being the market dominators (revenues and routes) and giants in their own region:

Americas: UA/CO & AC (USA and Canada) and TAM & Avianca (Southern)
                      Europe: LH
                      Asia: combination of SQ, TH and CA
                      Africa: SAA

Simply impossible to beat at this present time, StarAlliance simply the world's airlines alliance dominator....
                      Last edited by mraquinas; 21 November 2010, 01:47 AM.
                      AC-SE (2007-Now), SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond

Comment

MSPeconomist: Surely we like CA and FM for China domestic too! I had a lovely CA flight from TSN-SHA

Comment

Originally posted by mraquinas View Post
                          + 1 ...............................

*A considerably owns 4 continents with its member being the market dominators (revenues and routes) and giants in their own region:

Americas: UA/CO & AC (USA and Canada) and TAM & Avianca (Southern)
                          Europe: LH
                          Asia: combination of SQ, TH and CA
                          Africa: SAA

Simply impossible to beat at this present time, StarAlliance simply the world's airlines alliance dominator....
                          But CA can't beat the size of MU, FM, and CZ combined in China. Skyteam is the real winner in China.

DL, despite smaller in size than UA, is still a very big airlines in the US and combined with AeroMexico also dominate North America.

The next big thing for Skyteam and Star Alliance of course is India. It is important for either Alliance to get 9W which to me is the best airline in India ever. The continuous delay of Air India to become a full *A member has actually been a problem to *A.

Comment

Originally posted by UMD View Post
                            But CA can't beat the size of MU, FM, and CZ combined in China. Skyteam is the real winner in China.

DL, despite smaller in size than UA, is still a very big airlines in the US and combined with AeroMexico also dominate North America.

The next big thing for Skyteam and Star Alliance of course is India. It is important for either Alliance to get 9W which to me is the best airline in India ever. The continuous delay of Air India to become a full *A member has actually been a problem to *A.
                            You are making a good point on the China regional market, but my opinion stays that CA as a National and Flag Airlines Carrier of China leads the foreseeing market for Continental China. CA currently operating 263 fleets compare to 249 of that MU. If we are talking about a combination of MU, FM, and CZ as you mentioned, we must all see the bigger pictures, as Asian continent does not consist of China alone and CA is still the national airline of People Republic of China - which means that has 'unlimited' source and future potential within it's own region. * owns China and its immediate neighbouring countries.

For North American Market, DL reported lost of 161 million in last year alone, compare to UA that reported a profit of 4.8% despite of the current economy status. DL which combine with AeroMexico to help accommodate Sky’s southern part of Americas in no way in par with *A. Total Domination: Star Alliance members supported by UA CO AC (northern Hemisphere) and Latin America Largest Avianca and TAM (southern hemisphere). Aeromexico fleet size consist of 80 aircraft and serves 62 destinations, whereas Avianca operates 315 fleets that serves 196 destinations - not even close in comparison.
                            The fact stating that A* simply the pioneer and still are the leader of the industries.

India is a seeable market with a huge potential that * - Sky - One should continue to pursue and targeted ... in my opinion, currently still no dominator on this part of the region...
                            AC-SE (2007-Now), SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond

Comment

----------- STAR ----- OneWorld ----- Skyteam

Oceania ---- NZ -------- QF
                              N Asia ------ OZ AC ---- JL --------- KE
                              S Asia ------ SQ TG ---- CX -------- VN
                              ME
                              AF --------- SAA
                              EU --------- LH -------- BA --------- AF/KL
                              NA --------- UA AC CO -- AA --------- DL
                              SA --------- TAM ------- LAN --------- Aerolinhas Arg

Star dominates
                              OneWorld not far behind with 5 biggies
                              Skyteam still a bit behind

Comment

Working...
                              X