Air India direct to Melbourne!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air India direct to Melbourne!

Hmm another Kangaroo Route competitor?? I'm guessing this flight will be take roughly 12h30? Sounds interesting Can't wait to hear which aircraft they will deploy on the route!

Supposedly they will operate out of their new Terminal 3, which will be one of largest terminals in the world, in the coming few months!

Air India To Fly Daily From Delhi To Melbourne

MELBOURNE, June 23 (Bernama) -- Indian national arline, Air India, will fly daily direct services between Melbourne and Delhi, effective November 1.

Victorian State Premier John Brumby who signed the agreement on Tuesday said Air India would also be establishing its regional headquarters in Melbourne.

"This Air India deal will create up to 78 jobs and see up to 123,000 new tourist and business arrivals from India to Victoria each year.

"This significant move is in part due to the strong ties Victoria shares with India.

"With daily direct flights between Melbourne and Delhi we expect these ties to become even stronger as more Indian tourists and businesspeople discover Victoria, and more Victorians discover India," he added.

Brumby said Tourism Research Australia data from late last year showed a 17.4 per cent rise in visitors from India to Melbourne in the year to March 2010.

"Victoria and India share common interests in cricket, international education, film and trade," he explained.

The Indian airline is now one of 560 aviation and aerospace companies operating across Victoria and which collectively employ about 22,000 people.

Combined with the tourism sector, it generates about A$20 billion of economic activity for the state annually, the government said in a statement.

-- BERNAMA

We provide (subscription-based)
    news coverage in our Newswire service.
    Back Top
    http://www.bernama.com/bernama/v5/ne....php?id=508042

Supposedly its a 777-300ER.

It's great to have another *A airline out of Melbourne. I will guess they will use the Air NZ lounge, but who knows!

sqdazz
    My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

AI aren't *A are they? I am quite sure they aren't. I think they are just a SQ Codeshare.

Comment

Originally posted by SQDoubter View Post
        AI aren't *A are they? I am quite sure they aren't. I think they are just a SQ Codeshare.
        They have been accepted, not integrated yet, They join in Mar 2011
        My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Working...
        X