Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Very cheap C fares from Biman Bangladesh (perhaps an alternative to airasia X)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very cheap C fares from Biman Bangladesh (perhaps an alternative to airasia X)

Was just looking at random, small airlines and came accross Biman's UK website. They are offering fares of £660 A.I from London-Bangkok/Hong Kong and £740 to KL/Singapore. 772ER's on the LHR-DAC leg with the same seats that SQ uses on regional routes. Y seats are also the SQ's seats. I'm sure it won't be the nicest experience but you will get free food and drinks and I assume service can't be as bad as other airlines Y service.

Not a bad option if you want a better seat for same price as Y. I have read a lot of bad reviews though.
    Last edited by pogonation; 22 June 2010, 09:50 AM.
    Summer holiday plans: Asia 09

I'd do it if I was on a budget and with no expectations...

Comment

Originally posted by pogonation View Post
      Was just looking at random, small airlines and came accross Biman's UK website. They are offering fares of £660 A.I from London-Bangkok/Hong Kong and £740 to KL/Singapore. 772ER's on the LHR-DAC leg with the same seats that SQ uses on regional routes. Y seats are also the SQ's seats. I'm sure it won't be the nicest experience but you will get free food and drinks and I assume service can't be as bad as other airlines Y service.

Not a bad option if you want a better seat for same price as Y. I have read a lot of bad reviews though.
      They are known to be poor with maintainance.Hence frequent delays and if you get stuck in Dhaka for a few days please ring SQFG for info on places to visit. Oh ya, keep a boat rental number handy in case of floods and you need to get back to airport............

Comment

unless one is prepared for long delays and even cancelling of flights; then Biman maybe considered in view of their low fares. But do believe that budget AK/D7 is much more reliable than Biman.

Comment

My parents flew them LHR-DAC a few years ago in Y and said they had the best airline meal they have ever had.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
            My parents flew them LHR-DAC a few years ago in Y and said they had the best airline meal they have ever had.
            A friend of mine did either a BKK-DAC or SIN-DAC sector quite some time back and said the same thing.
            God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

I have done HKG-DAC on BG yeaterday because of the DC-10 (And catch Dragonair's Flight back HKG when I arrive DAC), I found that the meal(Curry Chicken Rice) was quite good compare with KA's curry beef rice on the return sector.

But with rather rude crew, frenquently delay (2 hours yesterday), messy transit counter, I think I will not take it again.

PS: DAC-HKG-DAC on DC-10 do not have Business Class

PS2: Photograph in the cabin is not allowed, FA asked me to delete all pics

Comment

Working...
              X