Air Asia International to domestic advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Asia International to domestic advice

How easy is it to transfer from Air Asia International to Domestic? I have two elderly parents flying in from London to connect to Penang at the Low Cost Carrier terminal. They are both mobile, but old and slow.

Having just looked at the terminal map, it seems they are separate buildings. Will they have to go outside into the heat, or can they transfer in an AC environment. Are their porters they can pay to help with the bags? They have three hours between the flights which I trust will be sufficient?

Any tips would be most appreciated as it's not a carrier or terminal I have experienced.

I'm not sure if you can walk inside the building from the Intl arrival to the public concourse as I'm not very familiar with the layout. Maybe SQFG can help?

No - there are no porters there. It is a "total" budget terminal with no transit facilities.
    Yes - Three hours is more than enough for an Intl-Dom connection. In case you didn't know, Air Asia does not have a one shot check in facility, nor does the LCCT have transit facilities, which means they will have to check-in again at the Domestic check-in counters.

Comment

Originally posted by VC10 Boy View Post
      How easy is it to transfer from Air Asia International to Domestic? I have two elderly parents flying in from London to connect to Penang at the Low Cost Carrier terminal. They are both mobile, but old and slow.

Having just looked at the terminal map, it seems they are separate buildings. Will they have to go outside into the heat, or can they transfer in an AC environment. Are their porters they can pay to help with the bags? They have three hours between the flights which I trust will be sufficient?

Any tips would be most appreciated as it's not a carrier or terminal I have experienced.
      The terminal is one and the same. Coming in from london they'll park at one of the widebody bays, and then have to clear immigration. It does involve a walk on the tarmac both on the inbound and outbound, but mercifully it'll be reasonably short.

3 hours is sufficient, but there aren't any porters to help with lugging the stuff off the plane and through the terminal.

What time are they arriving and departing?

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post

What time are they arriving and departing?
        The inbound is
        STN 08:20 arriving KUL 05:30 to connect to KUL 08:30 arriving PEN at 09:15.

There is an earlier flight at 06:45 but it's too close for comfort.

The return is horrid ex PEN at 16:50 arriving KUL at 17:40 to connect to 22:50 for STN. Looking at options with Malasian and then they can taxi to the other side of the airport.

Thanks for the advice though. They are able bodied, just old, so could cope with pushing a baggage trolly between the buildings. My fear was they weren't as close together as the schematic map looks.

Comment

If you're looking for convenience then Malaysia Airlines (MH) should be a better option IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by VC10 Boy View Post
            The inbound is
            STN 08:20 arriving KUL 05:30 to connect to KUL 08:30 arriving PEN at 09:15.

There is an earlier flight at 06:45 but it's too close for comfort.

The return is horrid ex PEN at 16:50 arriving KUL at 17:40 to connect to 22:50 for STN. Looking at options with Malasian and then they can taxi to the other side of the airport.

Thanks for the advice though. They are able bodied, just old, so could cope with pushing a baggage trolly between the buildings. My fear was they weren't as close together as the schematic map looks.
            For the international flights, the walk between the plane and terminal would usually be less than 100m. The widebody gates are on the left of the terminal and plane parking bays are just in front of the gates.

For the domestic flights, it really depends on their luck. I have taken some flights which made me walk round the entire terminal block.

Comment

Working...
            X