Transiting with Air Asia with seperate tickets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transiting with Air Asia with seperate tickets

I will be flying from Hong Kong to Kualalumpur and onto Penang on seperate tickets with Air Asia and I'm wondering if there are any problems with checking in on seperate tickets?

Thank you!

Should be no problem at all. I have never had any problems doing this myself. Just make sure your baggage goes to the correct place, tell them what you are doing at checkin.

Comment

believed u have to collect yr baggage when u arrived at LCCT-Sepang and then exit the arrival and go to the deparure check-in to get yr ticket for the PEN flight n re-check-in yr bag(s).

Comment

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
        believed u have to collect yr baggage when u arrived at LCCT-Sepang and then exit the arrival and go to the deparure check-in to get yr ticket for the PEN flight n re-check-in yr bag(s).
        Yes, and there is a rumour going that air asia will start through check bag to your final destination. And it will start from D7 flights...

Comment

at present AK n D7 cannot check-in through ticket n bags to final destination on a multi sectors - as even the tickets are separate anyway. And remember that immigration procedures at LCCT also do Not allow for any "transit" pax to domestic or another flight without first exiting the arrival and then going to the departure hall for the next domestic or international flights. Do not see any changes to this for some time to come.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrance711 View Post
            I will be flying from Hong Kong to Kualalumpur and onto Penang on seperate tickets with Air Asia and I'm wondering if there are any problems with checking in on seperate tickets?

Thank you!
            If you mean checking in all the way from HKG to PEN then no - You will have to check in from HKG to KUL, exit the international area to the public concourse, check in for your PEN flight then look for the domestic departures.

Like what flyguy has said, LCCs and the Budget terminal in KUL (LCCT) does not provide connecting/transit facilities.

Comment

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
              at present AK n D7 cannot check-in through ticket n bags to final destination on a multi sectors - as even the tickets are separate anyway. And remember that immigration procedures at LCCT also do Not allow for any "transit" pax to domestic or another flight without first exiting the arrival and then going to the departure hall for the next domestic or international flights. Do not see any changes to this for some time to come.
              I do apologise for my mistake. For an international - domestic flight, you won't be able to check through your bag with AK/D7. But in the upcoming months, there would be some destinations that will see through check of luggage (MEL-KUL-TPE for example) or even MEL-KUL-STN... And there is another rumour going on that you will eventually be able to check thru your bag with D7/AK combo flights (STN-KUL-CGK).

Comment

Just hope they won't get my bags mixed up at the LCCT

Comment

not only missing bags but there have been complaints by pax of missing items in their check-in bags upon collection. And there have been no rumours heard here on any possible check-thro connecting bags and AK/D7 ground ops depts have not heard of any such plans.

Comment

Working...
                  X