BA 'worst for baggage problems'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BA 'worst for baggage problems'

British Airways is the worst airline for baggage problems among UK passengers, according to a new study.

The survey, by insurance company LV, found that one in 3.8 passengers who have travelled with BA over the past five years have had their luggage lost, damaged or delayed.

British Airways responded to the results of the study, saying that they were "complete rubbish".

The survey of 2,007 passengers found that Virgin Atlantic was the next worst, with one in 8.3 passengers experiencing problems with their luggage.

Dubai-based airline Emirates was third with one in nine passengers having luggage woes. Easyjet was fourth with one in 11.1 and Ryanair fifth with one in 12.5 having issues.

The survey found that overall 29% of UK air passengers have experienced problems with their baggage over the last five years.

A BA spokesperson said: "There is absolutely no evidence to suggest that a quarter of BA passengers have experienced lost or delayed baggage over the last five years."

She added that the airline's baggage performance had "dramatically" improved since the huge problems during the opening days of Heathrow's Terminal Five two years ago.
    The only airline I have so far had any baggage problems with is BA, so the study seem quite sound. This was going back to before they used terminal 5 thou!

Anyone here had any baggage problems with BA or the other airlines listed?

I think if a survey was done internationally, or at least in Europe, KL would top the charts....
    God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

SAS (Scandinavian Airlines) has lost my baggage twice. Luckily only on the way back home... - Lufthansa has one bag damaged.

Comment

SQ F (Suites-tagged, no less) to SK J while I transited at LHR... (although the transit was 20> hours). 1 day delay before my luggage appeared in Norway.

Comment

Originally posted by Singapore Sling View Post
          The only airline I have so far had any baggage problems with is BA, so the study seem quite sound.

BA have never lost my luggage so that must prove that the survey is completely unsound.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
            BA have never lost my luggage so that must prove that the survey is completely unsound.
            +1, never had baggage incidents with BA even on some pretty ahhh irregular RTW routings. To buck the trend, the only airline with which I've had delayed baggage is, rather unusually, Lufthansa... that beacon of teutonic efficiency.
            All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
              +1, never had baggage incidents with BA even on some pretty ahhh irregular RTW routings. To buck the trend, the only airline with which I've had delayed baggage is, rather unusually, Lufthansa... that beacon of teutonic efficiency.
              So in our own survey BA are not doing to bad. (1 out off 6 passengers, so far) See I knew sayind the study seem quite sound would get you all going.

Comment

I had 1 out of 4 checked bags go missing in T5 on a MAN-LHR-DXB BA itinerary in January. Got it back eventually a few days later.

Comment

Always buy travel insurance when flying with BA! Me and my friend flew BA for the 1st time last year from LHR-LIS and my friend's checked bag got lost for a day! Good news, we bought travel insurance and claimed S$1000 for the 36hrs delayed bag!!
                  My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Always have travel insurance, period.

You never know what can happen...
                    http://www.bringgeorgeback.com/story.php
                    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Interestingly, I checked in by bag for SQ117 from KUL really early (>5hours?) but it got loaded onto SQ119.

But no, I've flown BA 30 times last year and they never lost my bag

Comment

I recount 2 trips with BA, one was SIN-LHR-AMS-LGW-DFW and the other was TUN-LGW-BDA-LGW-TUN. All on J.
                        And they had lost my luggage twice!!!
                        I couldn't forget that incidents because:

1. they had lost my luggage at AMS on the X'mas day, and the poor handling agent at AMS only offered me amenities kits for compensation No BA staff at that time!!
                        (but in the end, I got USD200 from BA/QF Jakarta office after some lengthy email with them)

2. they had lost my luggage at BDA on my 4 days vacation. And the luggage came on the 3rd day (there was no daily flight LGW-BDA at that time) . Practically I got no clothes to change, and had to buy some new one...
                        This time the ground staff at BDA gave me GBP150 to cover the incident.

Since then I removed BA from my list and crossed London (LHR or LGW) for my transit point...

Comment

Originally posted by Dent@SUB View Post
                          I recount 2 trips with BA, one was SIN-LHR-AMS-LGW-DFW and the other was TUN-LGW-BDA-LGW-TUN. All on J.
                          And they had lost my luggage twice!!!
                          I couldn't forget that incidents because:

1. they had lost my luggage at AMS on the X'mas day, and the poor handling agent at AMS only offered me amenities kits for compensation No BA staff at that time!!
                          (but in the end, I got USD200 from BA/QF Jakarta office after some lengthy email with them)

2. they had lost my luggage at BDA on my 4 days vacation. And the luggage came on the 3rd day (there was no daily flight LGW-BDA at that time) . Practically I got no clothes to change, and had to buy some new one...
                          This time the ground staff at BDA gave me GBP150 to cover the incident.

Since then I removed BA from my list and crossed London (LHR or LGW) for my transit point...

AMS seems to be famous with delayed / lost luggage. I normally do the KRS-AMS flights and we generally have to bus it from from the terminal to the A/C. I have lost count on the number of times I have seen luggage left on the side of (and at times in the middle of) the road from the gate to the plane!
                          God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
                            AMS seems to be famous with delayed / lost luggage. I normally do the KRS-AMS flights and we generally have to bus it from from the terminal to the A/C. I have lost count on the number of times I have seen luggage left on the side of (and at times in the middle of) the road from the gate to the plane!
                            Really?? Just know that...
                            Must be careful next time for the flights consisted AMS as a transit point.
                            Lucky me all my previous flights through AMS had a smooth luggage transfer.
                            Thanks for the info...

My problem was with London airports, LHR and LGW, and the BA.
                            Never happened with other airlines and airports, even with a very tight transit time.
                            When the incident happened at AMS, the ground handling there instantly could tracked my luggage still at LHR, and because that day was X'mas day, BA reduced flight LHR-AMS into just 1 flight (and it was a chocking full flight).
                            My transit time at that time was more than 3 hours. Plenty of time for them to transfer J pax's luggage to the next flight.
                            So it was LHR and BA fault.

Also when the incident happened at BDA, BA agent there could easily tracked my luggage still at LGW.
                            Transit time at that day was more than 7 hours!!!
                            Another BA and LGW fault.

Two trips with them, all ended up with a disaster.
                            I must be a jinx...

Comment

Never had a problem at LHR and LCY (never been through LGW) with luggage (only the crowds at LHR which I don't really like). But yeah, most of the time my luggage gets delayed, it's normally stuck at AMS (use to do KL on the SIN-AMS-KRS route). However, I still like AMS as an airport and much prefer it to the likes of LHR, CDG and FRA.

Comment

Working...
                              X